Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pre-pg I always had O pains a couple days before I actually ovulated (although I actually didn't start feeling O pains until about 13 months into our 1.5 years TTC). Anyway, this cycle I had them on CD 27, but my <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5765e" target="_blank">chart</a> looks as if I O'd earlier (I sure HOPE I O'd earlier!! On CD 24/25...can't tell for sure since I'm missing a temp).<br><br>
If you get O pain, does it happen before, after, or during ovulation for you?

·
Registered
236 Posts
when i was trying ultrasound timed iui, my obgyn said there is no way to know...some people feel the swelling follicle, some people feel the rupture, some people feel it afterward...she said there is no telling which part of it you may be feeling. i often wonder the same thing...my pain matches pretty well with ewcm though...

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
I'd put my money on CD 27 based on your temps and past history with o pains, but it's hard to say with missing temps. You can have o pain before ovulation, which is caused by the swelling of the follicle, or the moment of/after ovulation caused by the fluid/blood that is expelled when the follicle ruptures and also by the wave like contractions of the fallopian tube.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts