Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Mommas!

I know this is a long shot, but I thought it was worth a shot

My husband and I have a wedding in Oahu in May. My BIL is getting married there, and my husband, daughter and I are all in the wedding party. It is going to cost us an arm and a leg to get the 4 of us over there, and we are trying to be budget conscience with lodging.

We are thinking of doing a house exchange.

We live in the San Francisco Bay Area, California, in a really nice community. We are less than an hour away to tons of wonderful family attractions...including 45 minutes from SF.

We would love to find a family to swap houses (and possibly cars) with for a week next May.

We are a family of 4...no animals, and are responsible, neat, and nice :LOL

Anyone want to visit CA???

·
Registered
43 Posts
i have always wanted to try house swapping but we spend all our dough going home to visit the family. there are actual website for home swaps if this doesn't pan out. and if u end up having to rent, try:
patskailua.com or lanikaibeachrentals.com
my parents found a place that slept four with a full kitchen for $125 a nite, which isn't too bad. the place was walking distance to kailua beach, which is amazing. it's about a 30 minute drive from honolulu. good luck!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We are about 30-45 minutes from San Jose! We LOVE the childrens museum there!!! If you thik it is something you would be interested in, let me know! I think the whole house swap idea is perfect for families, and it really makes traveling so much more affordable!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts