Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I made Irish oats for breakfast this morning, but since I made them in the crock pot (so they could cook over night) I made WAY too much.  So now I'm trying to figure out what to do with the leftovers.  Help me out, any suggestions?</p>

·
Registered
101 Posts
<p>I would just put it in the fridge and reheat it tomorrow. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>On a side note, I always cook my oatmeal with milk, brown sugar and either raisins or dried cranberries.  I also add mashed bananas or cooked, spiced yam.  I spice it with pumpkin pie spices.  Yum!  I also add chopped nuts.  What a treat I get every morning!</p>

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
<p>We just refrigerate it and then cook it in a covered pan with some milk and butter. </p>

·
Registered
395 Posts
<p><a href="http://www.food.com/recipe/cooked-oatmeal-scones-46876" target="_blank">These</a> are super yummy and easy to make.</p>

·
Registered
10 Posts
<p>I like to mix leftover oatmeal into muffin batter or quick breads like banana bread.  I can't really tell you exactly what proportions to use, cause I just wing it.  As long as the consistency of the batter looks right, it will probably taste good.</p>

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<p>Thanks everyone.  I actually ended up making pancakes out of it.  The kids LOVED them.  Now I have leftover pancakes, so I think I'll make a bread pudding tomorrow.</p>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts