Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Hi all-</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am new to mothering.com. First pregnancy. I am seeking an OB who delivers at Morristown. I saw that Dr. Judy Banks is highly recommended but she is 40 minutes away in moderate traffic (which is common for that route). Also, the drs. at One to One female care I will look into. Any other recommendations that I can check out- I'd prefer to start with a longer list.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>At 5 weeks, I have twins- but am hoping they will hang on. (4 consecutive failed IVF treatments can do a number on my optimism). I would prefer vaginal delivery- if possible as long as my body can possibly keep them for. Is 40 weeks totally unreasonable?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you!!</p>
<p>Darwin NJ</p>

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
<p>I know that Dr Banks will support vaginal twin delivery (a friend had an unmedicated vaginal twin delivery with her a couple weeks ago).  Dr Garfinkel will support vaginal twin deliveries as well.  I would definitely suggest interviewing both and figuring out who you click with better.  Some women really like Dr Garfinkel and some women don't really click with him. It might be worth traveling to the doctor that you feel more supported by.  I've driven from Somerville to Florham Park (where Dr Banks office is) and it was only 30 minutes.  I went at off-peak times though - I don't know if that's an option for you.  Unfortunately, your options are limited for a vaginal birth with twins, especially if one/both are breech.  My friend who birthed with Dr Banks is well connected in the birth community and I know finding a supportive provider was not easy.   Twins are an automatic c-section with most doctors in this state. :(</p>

·
Registered
672 Posts
<p>Dr Garfinkel is associated with the my midwives, the Hackettstown midwives.  I haven't had experience with him, but my midwives are great & wouldn't associate themselves with a restrictive Dr.  I know he supports VBAC as does Morrsitown Hospital.  I would recommend my midwives but it sounds like you want someone practicing closer to Somerville. I drive 45 minutes to see my midwives & will go to Morristown b/c they allow VBACs even though it's an hour away.  Good luck!</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts