Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am pg with #3 due March 4, 2007. With my first 2 kids I used Gwinnett Women's Group and while I like them in the delivery room and for prenatal care I do not like their postpartum care. Long story short I have had many issues with breastfeeding-mastitis 3x, repeated thrush, infected nipple that won't heal, etc. and every single time they try to convince me to wean. When I went in for the vaginal u/s to date this pg (haven't had AF since Dec '04 so didn't know when it happened), I mentioned to the nurse that I didn't know how far along I was b/c I'm nursing my 10 mo old... she went on and on about how I need to wean so I won't be as tired. I think chasing my overly active 3.5 yo makes me much more tired than nursing-my baby only nurses 3-4 times per day for about 10 mins each... that's not much time really-I think it's less time than making bottles would be!

Anyhow, if anyone is in the Gwinnett area I'd love to find an OB or Midwife that is actually more breastfeeding friendly. I do not want to wean at this point, I was planning on gradually weaning after 1 year, ending at about 15 mos... and at this point I'm thinking of waiting until my supply drops and then weaning. I like going to Eastside Hospital as well, I've delivered both my kids there and find that it's very easy to get my own way on what I want

TIA,
Beth

SAHM to Sophie (3.5 yrs), Bella (10 mos) and Surprise EDD 3-4-07

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Hi there. I used to live in Lawrenceville, near Snellville. I didn't use Eastside for delivery, though. Try checking with La Leche League there and they will be able to recommend someone who is more in line with your style. They will also be able to give you good information about nursing in pregnancy and tandem nursing. I used to attend the Central Gwinnett LLL meetings, though there is a Lilburn one that might be convenient to you as well. Here is a link to their contact info.
Best of luck to you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts