Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're thinking of ttc in late 2007. As ridiculous as it sounds to plan child-bearing around highway construction, I'm still worried about the upcoming closure of hwy 40. My current OB's office is in Chesterfield and she only delivers at St. Luke's. We live in the city. So I'm looking for the names of OBs who have offices in St. Louis city or central county (Brentwood, Clayton, U.City, Maplewood) and deliver at St. Mary's or BJC. Of course, only OBs who are supportive of non-medicated births, pro-breastfeeding, etc. please!

side note - I know there's a great thread on OBs in St. Louis on this board, but I'm not always certain where their offices are and where they deliver. That's why I started this separate thread.....

·
Registered
335 Posts
I went to Jaqueline Turner at Barnes-Jewish - she delivers there as well. She supports non-medicated births, pro-breast feeding, etc. You can also arrange to rent a tub, and BJ has a free doula service.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I co-lead an ICAN chapter and can say we've had an excellent track-record at St. Mary's. I cannot think of one exception to a great experience there. (that is in our group).

They were very supportive of my bf and did not even give me the free formula! The nurse was asking me questions as to why I didn't want to do the hep b shot and I could kind of tell she agreed w/ me----so no problems there.
My doula was very impressed as well. I was screaming in pain w/ back labor for posterior baby, but the nurse held to my plan to not offer me any pain meds. In the end, I took a shot of stadol, but no epidural and birthed her posterior. I pushed for 90 minutes and everyone was super supportive. I moved around, showered, ate etc. Oh, and I told them I had a vaginal exam at home by my doula and I didn't want to be checked there and the nurse was fine w/ that.

I used Dr. Blaskiewicz and I had a vbac. He was very professional and knew his facts about birth. I've heard good things about Dr. Schwarz (sp?) who is a woman in that practice, if you prefer a woman ob.

PM me if you want more details. I'm happy to share!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.