Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I NEED a new diaper bag (I'm currently using a $15 hobo-style that's just one big black hole), but don't know which one to get...there are SO many cute ones out there! I'm getting way too obsessed over this!!

What do YOU use? I need enough room for 2 or 3 CD's (fitteds + covers), sippy cup, snacks, momma junk... but want it to be stylish, too. PLUS, I wear DS (15 mo) a lot, so it has to be something I can carry not-so-awkwardly while wearing him (plus, he's up and down a lot, too, sooooo it has to be not too cumbersome.

Am I asking for too much?? What bag do you have and love and why? I'm afraid I'm obsessing over this as much as I used to obsess over regular purses...
:

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
We have this one. I'm pretty indifferent to it, to be honest. But you really can stuff it good. I'm quite certain there have been times that it was heavier than DD. Most of our outings are brief though, so I usually use a pretty small diaper bag. I only use the big one when we're going to be out for more than 3 hours.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
All the "real"
moms I know use backpacks. Backpacks are great for babywearing, and free up your hands to do other things (like holding children's hands). I'm on ther lookout for a new one, as DD's is getting tattered. If we buy cheap they last about a year, so I'm looking to spend a bit more, get good quality and have it last until they graduate high school!
(I think I'm funny this morning for some reason!) Pockets are key. The more the merrier. Also, I use bags inside the backpack. A bag for diapers, a bag for spare clothes, etc. And usually my purse gets stuffed in there, too. Works swimmingly.

g.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Let's see, I started out with a Lands End little tripper, which was good for short trips with one child, then moved up to an expensive Loom Bandicoot, which was awesome but it got dirty too quickly. Next came a Sherpani Oli backpack, which is also good for two kids, but it is so deep that stuff was always getting lost. Now I just received a Hanna Andersson backpack (I got the one that is brown and navy with the trees print). Not only is it gorgeous (so what if it is technically for kids), but it holds all of our stuff, the front pocket is great for my stuff, and it has two mesh pockets on the sides for water bottles/sippy cups. The quality is really great, and amazing since it cost under $20.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by alysonb View Post
Let's see, I started out with a Lands End little tripper, which was good for short trips with one child, then moved up to an expensive Loom Bandicoot, which was awesome but it got dirty too quickly. Next came a Sherpani Oli backpack, which is also good for two kids, but it is so deep that stuff was always getting lost. Now I just received a Hanna Andersson backpack (I got the one that is brown and navy with the trees print). Not only is it gorgeous (so what if it is technically for kids), but it holds all of our stuff, the front pocket is great for my stuff, and it has two mesh pockets on the sides for water bottles/sippy cups. The quality is really great, and amazing since it cost under $20.
Hey, I was considering the Loom... the pictures make it look sort of small. Did you find it was big enough for 1 kid's cloth diapers??

·
Registered
610 Posts
I had the Loom before I started CD'ing, but it was plenty big enough for two kids in sposies (I typically carried 3 of each size), plus wipes, a change of clothes for each, and a sippy/bottle in each side pocket. Now, I didn't use the changing pad, so that would probably make it a little less roomy, but overall it fit a ton of stuff without being a huge bag like the Fleurville Mothership. The joey bag (detachable clutch) was a nice addition and it stayed securely on. My only complaint was that it got dirty easily and was tough to get stains out of (I had a green color that came with a red joey bag).

Personally, if I had the money to spend, right now I'd probably like either the JuJuBe with insulated compartment or a Timi and Leslie, though those Storksaks are awful nice, too.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

I had the Loom before I started CD'ing, but it was plenty big enough for two kids in sposies (I typically carried 3 of each size), plus wipes, a change of clothes for each, and a sippy/bottle in each side pocket. Now, I didn't use the changing pad, so that would probably make it a little less roomy, but overall it fit a ton of stuff without being a huge bag like the Fleurville Mothership. The joey bag (detachable clutch) was a nice addition and it stayed securely on. My only complaint was that it got dirty easily and was tough to get stains out of (I had a green color that came with a red joey bag).
Wow, thanks for the feedback. I think that's plenty of room for 1 toddler's stuff. I just may get that.

Quote:

... those Storksaks are awful nice, too.
I have a huge crush on the "Emily"... It's probably not practical (I agree with pp about backpacks being for "real" moms!!), but it sure is cute.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.