Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<span style="font-family:'Comic Sans MS';"><span>We'll be moving to California in May and since we're trying to get pregnant now, we plan to have our child in California. I'm wondering what hoops we have to go through to obtain a birth certificate for our child if we have him unassisted. Are there any CA parents here who've done it?<br><br>
Kristi</span></span>

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
we had a midwife homebirth, but because our midwife didnt handle BCs, it was as if we had at UC when it was time to get the BC. easy! we lived in alameda county and just had to call the vital records office, come in for a quick interview, and sign some papers. nothing else required.<br><br>
dh is listed as the attendant.<br><br>
tabitha

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds easy enough!

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I actually had FL send me the forms before hand last time.... I just had to have witnesses sign it

·
Premium Member
14,874 Posts
Im in GA, but ours was a UC since the midwife wasnt there yet, we had to have proof of pregnancy (positive blood test results, ultrasound, OB letter, or a sheet of vitals from prematal appointments) and the live birth afidavits signed by my dh since he caught the baby. And my drivers license. (get your licence changed ASAP w/ the address where you will be birthing.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts