Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,<br>
My extended family would love to visit the outer banks next summer and rent a bit ole house for all of us on the beach. We found one that would fit all of us (14) but they said that they don't rent them until 51 before so that the people who just left can have first dibs. Is this typical around there? Just this one rental company?<br>
Any advice on where we want to go? We want beach access, adult activities (golf, museums, shopping)... the only child will be our 1yo.<br><br>
Thanks so much! Our then-to-be 1yo is as a current impending arrival, which is why I'm trying to plan so freakishly in advance!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
the OBX is one of our very favorite vacation spots. we use Hatteras Realty and love them. never one issue with them ever<br><br><a href="http://www.hatterasrealty.com/" target="_blank">http://www.hatterasrealty.com/</a><br><br>
the last time we stayed we rented EZ Times in Avon and it was perfect.<br><br>
beach front with the boardwalk to get over the dunes right there connecting to your boardwalk. plus it has an elevator! perfect for preggos who don't want to climb 4 flights of stairs to get to the kitchen.<br><br>
and, it's right near the grocery store and not very far from the ferry to Ocrocoke or the lighthouse.<br><br>
it's pet friendly and Avon is the town that the vet is in which was very important to us.

·
Registered
8,109 Posts
Yes, I think that giving first dibs for same time next year to people renting this year is pretty common. I don't know that all the rental companies do it, but a lot do. Try again in September, or even just the 51 weeks before like the company said. My extended family used to always rent the same house for the same two weeks in August each year and always signed up again during the time we were at the beach. I think it's a pretty common thing. You've got plenty of time, though!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I guess I'll have to be patient on this one!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts