Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I love my hemp Firefly, the fit and the absorbency. Now that they have been switched to organic cotton, I am having a hard time deciding.

I have 1 of each cotton and hemp from another wahm, and I like the way the hemp absorbs better. It seems to distribute the liquid more evenly thru the dipe, while the cotton seems to soak one area while the other areas are kept pretty dry. (they have been washed many many times).

Can anyone compare the fireflys for me?

Thanks!!!!

·
Banned
404 Posts
I've had both the hemp and the new OC fireflys. Honestly I think her OC really is very similiar in absorbancy to her hemp. They equally as trim and the OC has stayed softer longer. Not all OC is the same though because I have some from other wahms and they really aren't as absorbant.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I have hemp, old OC and new OC fireflys. I have not really noticed a difference in absorption between them, but I have used them on boys and I change when they wet. I will mention, however, that the new OC dipes were about 2 inches bigger than the hemp or old OC dipes when they first arrived, but they shrunk up after a few weeks of washing. Just in case you order some and then they don't fit right away!

My favorites are the old OC fireflys. There is something about that smooth fabric that just makes me feel good. I should post an ISO or something.

HTH!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sedalbj

I have 1 of each cotton and hemp from another wahm, and I like the way the hemp absorbs better. It seems to distribute the liquid more evenly thru the dipe, while the cotton seems to soak one area while the other areas are kept pretty dry.
you know, I noticed this too. I don't find it affects anything, it is just odd.

but I prefer oc for the squishiness of them

·
Registered
786 Posts
I think the hemp FFs absorb more, but the OC cotton is really nice too. The only hemp FFs I have are the 'Clowns' and I love them bc they really do make me smile when I see them LOL. IMO FFs are not for really heavy wetters anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.