Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been ttc for a few months now. Our timing hasn't been great, and ds is still bf enough to affect my cycles, so it's slow going.

Every month I wait and test and count and obsess.

If I had strong and noticeable implantation bleeding with my first two pregnancies, will I most likely have it with the next? If I don't bleed in a given month earlier than my period, does that mean I'm out? I know anything is possible, but I'm looking at the likelihood and saving on pregnancy tests and stress.

Thanks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hmmm, I don't have an answer for you, but I want to tag along on your thread because I'm interested in hearing other people's experiences. I did not have any implantation bleeding with my first pregnancy, but I'm finding myself in a position right now where I have an extremely light flow and I can't figure out if it's my first PPAF or if it's implantation bleeding.

FWIW, everything I've read in my frantic googling today seems to indicate that every pregnancy-- even for the same woman-- will be different in this department, as with most things.

Just out of curiosity, what was your implantation bleeding like in your first pregnancies? What was the duration/color? Was it a steady flow, or on and off? [Anyone who experienced imp. bleeding, feel free to answer!]

·
Registered
953 Posts
i have been pregnant about 15 times, have 3 kids, and have only had implantation bleeding 2 times. I really think it just varies. I would not count yourself out because you didnt see it...

Good luck!!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I can now answer my own question.

No, even if you had serious implantation bleeding with your first two pregnancies, you will not necessarily have it with your third.

lovely rita, in case you're still interested, both times implantation bleeding for me took place about 5-7 days before my period was due. First time it was just 2 days of bright red blood, not heavy. Second time it was really a mini-period, about 5 days long, less flow, but I really thought I had a period until about 3 weeks later when I got sick and didn't want to drink coffee.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I've been googling because I had a day of spotting yesterday--actually 2 weeks before I would expect my AF-trying to figure out what it is-- and according to the net implantation bleeding occurs in 25-33% of pregnancies. So don't give up hope if you hadn't had it!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sooooo...congratulations?!?! Congratulations!!!!

I've never had any implantation bleeding, but my mom did - such that she thought it was her period and didn't find out she was pregnant until she was almost 3 months along - how nice was that?! Oh, and that "period" turned out to be me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.