Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, it's official. We have found a place in the SW Hills and move in on the 6th of October. I know there are some Eugene mamas out there. So please post here and let me know you exist. I have a 28 month old daughter. We will need some time to get settled in, but I will really need some people to hang with sometimes. Even if you know of some crunchy-ish playgroups I could look into. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
YAY!

Hey Dani - well, consider us your scouting mission
... We got here 2 weeks ago, and we are renting in the South Hills. PM me when you get here - I've met a really nice group of mamas, you'll fit right in!

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bumping this up because I've seen mamas posting from Eugene. But for some strange reason they aren't posting here. Hmmm.... I won't bite! Well.....
:

·
Registered
912 Posts
hey mamas! maybe this will just turn into a eugene newcomers thread, although I hope some others join in! I am not in eugene.... yet!!!! Would loooove advice on housing, jobs, schools, etc....can I pm you both and pester you?

·
Registered
50 Posts
HI-
im traveling w/ hot spring loving 3 yr old-

we are desperate to move to a farm outside of town-

does any one know any cool cabins ?

and what are the Eugene farm /kids/nature hot spots??

thanks moms!!
aijun

·
Registered
29 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamafish9 View Post
YAY!

Hey Dani - well, consider us your scouting mission
... We got here 2 weeks ago, and we are renting in the South Hills. PM me when you get here - I've met a really nice group of mamas, you'll fit right in!
My family lives in the Friendly Street neighborhood. We would like to do playgroups or get to gethers with others who are close by (we try to walk or take the bus when possible). We hope to connect with more MDC parents!

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HerzogMamma View Post
My family lives in the Friendly Street neighborhood. We would like to do playgroups or get to gethers with others who are close by (we try to walk or take the bus when possible). We hope to connect with more MDC parents!
You're very close - maybe not walkable with little ones in the winter weather, but we're very close to the Donald St bus - and we would be happy to drive a little to come to you. Or meet at Tamarack pool?

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We are right off Chambers at around 34th.
We are getting settled, but would love to meet up. We will be using the bus/walking, too. But I have no clue about the bus system yet.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
We're on 43rd, about a block east of Spencer Butte middle school. HerzogMama, how is the hike up Spencer Butte (far, high) - my dd is almost 4 (and I'd be lugging a 22lb 6mo old, LOL). Guessing that might be a bit much for us at the moment...

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's been a while since I've hiked the trail, but I'm sure that we won't make it all the way on the hike ourselves. It is generally uphill. We will be bringing an old jogger/stroller and walking at a slow, two-year-old pace. Some in the group will hike faster and will catch us on their return down. Also, if you have your own car, you could opt to drive yourselves and, that way, you can have the flexibility to head home early, if needed. Mostly, it is a chance to get out in the woods with my dd and some other fun kids and university students.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks! We'll have to try it out this week.

I'm also having detox issues from leaving Portland and all of the playdates/community there. Lots of like-minded families. Any ideas where I can find some other crunchy-ish families that we can meet? DD is 29 months and stays at home with me, so not looking for preschool/daycare. More like playdates or fun activities for her and I.

·
Premium Member
3,138 Posts
Danielle- Keagan and I went to the Cascades Raptor Center today while we were waiting for DW. I didn't think until afterward that I should have seen if you wanted to meet up

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's okay.
We are both sick here, and Eleanor slept most of the day. Glad to hear that your DP is home and all seems well. Let me know if you are ever in town again.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Hello All

I am mom to 10 m.o. DD Sadie. We belong to a couple of mom's groups.
PM me for info, not sure if I can post them here according to the UA.
We are always looking for something to do and I've met a lot of great moms since I've been in this area.

I am having apple picking/cider/donut withdrawal (I am from the East coast originally) so I am very excited to see the farm info! Thanks.

I recognize mamafish. Hi!

Sarah

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.