Mothering Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! Maybe some of you didn't see our thread about getting together in MA. We are starting a monthly gathering (I hope) for us cool mamas to get to know one another. Here is the final information on our gathering for October. Please come if you can make it. The more the merrier!! If you cannot, keep an eye peeled for our gathering in November!

Where: Elm Bank Reservation in Wellesley, MA
When: October 21st @ 1pm
Who: Yourself, your children, and your DH/SO if you like!
How: Meet us at the children's area (Weezy's Garden). I will have an MDC sign with me.
Bring: Your favorite munchy for your family. We'll be sharing, but then at least you know there's something you can eat. Also it might be a good idea to bring a blanket or chair...and some get-to-know-you game ideas.
Why: To meet cool new mama friends, and their families, in your area!

Hope for
Otherwise, I will think of a rain plan and post it!

Can't wait to meet you all!!
:

Meag

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Sounds wonderful, I wish I could come. I would have to arrange a babysitter though for my 1 year old who naps from 12:30-3pm.
So the chances are slim.

- Krista

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Am I the only pregnant first-timer who's thinking of going to these? I actually don't think I can make it this time around, but I am glad that it may turn into a monthly gathering, because that means I'll certainly be able to come. Even if not in November/December, then I'll be there after my baby is born!

·
Registered
126 Posts
We're going to try to go - we're not the crunchiest moms out there, but I would love the chance to meet other parents who are working to educate themselves about our options, who prefer natural and simple over what's shoved down our throats on tv, etc... and heck, after practically cocooning for the past year with our baby boy, it'd be great just to get out and hang out with some other families!

Thanks for organizing this!

Oh - and we could probably help out with a ride from a T stop for one parent and one child w/car seat (smaller car seat would be best, as our car's not huge and I'd hate to find out at the last minute they didn't fit... infant seat would work no problem, but some of hte larger convertibles might not go rear facing)

See everyone soon!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Should I bring nametags for us to use? (for our mdc usernames)
That would be great! I was thinking about getting those, but would love the help. It'll be good to connect people's usernames to their real names.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pleasantstreets View Post
We're going to try to go - we're not the crunchiest moms out there, but I would love the chance to meet other parents who are working to educate themselves about our options, who prefer natural and simple over what's shoved down our throats on tv, etc... and heck, after practically cocooning for the past year with our baby boy, it'd be great just to get out and hang out with some other families!

Thanks for organizing this!

Oh - and we could probably help out with a ride from a T stop for one parent and one child w/car seat (smaller car seat would be best, as our car's not huge and I'd hate to find out at the last minute they didn't fit... infant seat would work no problem, but some of hte larger convertibles might not go rear facing)

See everyone soon!

Please come if you can. We don't have to be the crunchiest moms to meet eachother and have some fun getting to know one another. Can't wait to see you all!!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MmeMuffin View Post
Am I the only pregnant first-timer who's thinking of going to these? I actually don't think I can make it this time around, but I am glad that it may turn into a monthly gathering, because that means I'll certainly be able to come. Even if not in November/December, then I'll be there after my baby is born!
If we don't see you there, we'll catch you next time around! Please don't think you won't be able to connect with us just because your baby has yet to arrive! You are already a mama! I'm looking forward to meeting all the families that want to come, no matter how old their children are or if they are still pregnant.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm pretty sure most of you look through the other thread as well, but just in case.....

Someone mentioned that she couldn't go and would like to email me her info. instead. I thought this was a great idea! People can still be involved in the planning of future gatherings, even if they are not able to attend this one in October. Everyone interested....feel free to send me:

Your name
Your town
A place(s) you'd like to suggest as a gathering location
How many children you have and what ages
(Opt.) One fun fact about you and your family!

I'll have your username from the e-mail. I will make sure to give you a quick PM back so that you know I have your info and that you have mine.

This information would be wonderful to have on the 21st! I'm happy to make everyone feel involved! Thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
I may not be able to go after all. My church is having a barbeque after the service and I really want to get to know more people. I just joined the church so it would be really helpful for me to mingle.

It's Visitors Sunday (Unitarian Universalist church) so it should be fun.

I haven't made up my mind though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.