Mothering Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No rules here, no challenges. Weigh in when you want, as often as you want, and find some great support in both loss, gains, and everywhere in between. Set your own goals, record how you're doing here, and find what works for you.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Please count me in !!!!
will try to hop on the scales tomorrow morning !
my aim is to fit again in the smaller size trousers i was wearing last winter !!!! (AND sleep better AND stop eating at night to relieve stress ...)

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
132 to start the month.

My goal is to get to the other side of 130 by the end of this thread. What... 3 pounds or 4? But I would be happy enough if I just stayed put.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
today i'm at 142 lb ... my medium term goal is to get back to 136 lb, then to 131 lb .... then eventually below 130 lb ...

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I am back. Baby is nursing so I will have to wait to update my weight.

Reactions: SweetSilver

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Feeling happy is key, isn't it? It's what motivates us to keep going.

Weighed in at 133 today. My eating has been unsteady, so I'm happy too. Getting back to my yoga and back to running-- goal is 15 minutes daily for the latter. I've missed my walks. Maybe Thursday.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
indeed ... feeling happy (or at least reasonnably satisfied about some key points in my life ....) enables me not to run and find comfort in food .... i still don't feel that i can "press the right button myself" in order to get in that positive frame of mind during which i get less likely to "self- medicate" with food ....
i can just about comprehend how i function .... but i don't yet master that balancing act !!!
It IS a very fine line ... food "must be" satisfying and enjoyable in itself ... but at the same time ... will not compensate for missed enjoyment elsewhere (although it often can feel so !!! .. and i can see myself, having another helping of this or that, not for the physical hunger ... it's just that my mind is persuaded then.... that more food will satisfy that craving inside me .... which it does a little bit, but not quite really in the end .... but by the time i realise this, i have eaten more than i physically need !!!)

have had to miss some sports sessions due to parents& teachers meetings two weeks in a row, but am back in the swing of things sports wise this week ... my sleeping is a very little less erratic ... but not yet very good either (i go to bed earlier, finally, but i wake up far too often for my liking .... and this last night i had the weirdest dreams/nightmares ....)

am now crossing my fingers that i'll be able to remain reasonnable these next few days and that i'll be able to weigh in on Monday or Tuesday with a happy surprise .....

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Super-consistent on the scale. I should be happy, but I'm just a little frustrated. Though, it's not like I'm doing everything I can. I will *try* to have a vegetable day today. Yeah, uh..... we'll see how that goes. (Says she who is having coffee and chocolate covered ginger after breakfast.)

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
well ... i couldn't face the idea of stepping on the scale for this week ... have been eating far more than usual; as well as not quite the healthiest options .... we ARE going through a cold spell presently ... but that's not the only cause, my sleep problems are getting worse lately, so i knit and crochet more .... and eat more too ...
have been consistent about exercise though, which is at least something i'm happy about !!!

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Hi SweetSilver, am not abandonning you .... lurking about ... presently on holiday & lots of visiting and making & serving party type food for visitors ....i'm hoping to be resuming some sort of normalcy during the first week of November .... see you then for a next weigh-in ...

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
have been swimming twice this week & also walked (but at a very sedate pace) in a forest for 2 hours ....will resume dance classes, rollerblading classes and hiking on a local medium size summit for the first week of November, full of good intention ... am also hoping that i'll get to sleep better and not over-eat as a result of poor sleep patterns & that i will resist easy-fix-measures for fluctuating emotionnal state !!!!

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, it's been rather dull over here. Scale is staying in the same spot-- a slight creep upwards in the average-- no higher than usual but I better watch out. Running is curtailed due to shin splint avoidance (I must have terrible form or something), walks are nonexistent and maybe I'll get one next Wednesday. I might-- maybe might-- have two days a week for walks, but the light is fading fast, and I'm pretty much going to have to suit up and walk on the rainiest days when dh can't work. Sticking with the yoga pretty well.

So not much to report, and that's half the reason for not checking in.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Aaak! I haven't seen this in a long time. Thankfully I had just started a food diary, and I have a great pot of stew for the next few busy days to keep me from the fast food. It was the birthday cake, I think, that put me over the top. Usually I can't have any because I make an oat-flour version for my daughter which I'm allergic to, but my other daughter ordered a wheat cake, and my allergic daughter has ice cream pie with a chocolate chip cookie crust. Halloween candy.

I need to watch it. I'm on the verge of another cycle as well, so I think I can knock this poundage back in a few days.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Hi guys. Good to see you still going strong here. I am in a major bad patch of addictive eating, so I thought I'd start popping in again. I blame kindergarten :confused:

Anyway, I'm going to try to follow some simple rules, but nervous because whenever I try to control my diet I become obsessed with food. But not trying to control it has me eating constantly. So.

To start, no eating from 8 at night until 8 in the morning.

And try to get more activity.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome back, newmamalizzy!

I understand that kind of paradox in my own life. I finally accepted that if I was to lose the weight I needed to face down the demons. The issues run so deep. It isn't easy.

Your rules sound like a simple way to start, and very effective, I am sure.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Hello again, trying to get my life on track (2 weeks of mid term break for school kids = a bit too much for me !!!)
today am over 145 lb,
which irritates me quite a bit ... but then i'm an emotional eater ....and got vastly irritated by a family member who had nothing better to do than post photos of himself on social media with tubes sticking from his nose and far too many hospital bedside updates with graphic details .... all for my unsuspected children to discover and get alarmed about ..... it's a complicated story and i need to try to focus on "my basics" (= my children and husband, our daily life ....) because there are only so many mental cases i can cope with at a given time .... too draining and i'm not a substitute for a pyschiatrist .... wish i was better able to protect myself from the toxicity i can feel oozing out .... am sure my eating would then be less erratic !!!

went on a longer hike yesterday, windy but blue skies, very pleasant and calming .... today is very wet and highly windy, can't put the washing to dry on the balcony, will feel cramped soon .......need to leave the computer for now and tackle the daily load .... dreading seeing my bare tummy at dance class in a few hours & need to work out food for today for all of us (different activities & meal times ....)

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
.... i thought i had posted last Tuesday .... where has it gone ???
so
Nov 3d = 145 lb
Nov 10th = 144.18 lb
trying to inch my way downards again, half a pound by half pound ... first goal is to get back to 135 lb (AGAIN)

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's a great start, Isa! A victory already, and another when you get below 140. You'll get there!

Finally had a weigh in of 132.5 again.

I've been struggling with 134-135.5 for the last couple of weeks, but I've been successfully keeping my afternoon/evening eating slim again (at least for the last 3 days) and have managed to curtail my lunchtime portions as well. Usually I've been able to eat what I want midday, but my lack of walks I think has cut into my ability to do that. I'll get a walk today, though-- very wet, with some muddiness on the end of it, but chances for walks are almost nonexistent with the darkness. DH doesn't get home until close to 4pm, and even on the days when I am home to walk, that's simply too late. Maybe when I can I could at least take a very short walk. Once again, my tendency to push myself to the maximum is robbing me of doing the little things that are far better than nothing.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Nov 3d = 145 lb
Nov 10th = 144.18 lb
Nov 17th = 142.41 lb (i decided to try doing a bit more deep cleaning ... & count it as "exercice" !!!)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts