Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LAST NIGHT:

I make dinner. Simple. Spaghetti with meat sauce. We're broke and can't always run out for protein stuff.

Me: You ate almost ALL the sauce??
Him: I didn't have that much
(It was like a pound and a half in the sauce)
Me: Well can you save me the rest of it please?
Him: Ok. Sorry.

TODAY:

He's currently eating the rest.

Me: Didn't I ask you if you'd save me that?
Him: I did. You didn't eat it.
Me: You can't be serious.
Him: Sorry.

He goes out to lunch EVERY DAY at work at I can't even get him to save me some cheap effin' hamburger? WTF

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I think its a guy thing. Whats worse - my hubby does it to our daughter. She went out to eat with a friend - a big treat considering we have 8 bucks to last us the rest of the month! And she is so sweet - she brought home a package of crackers for her 2 year old brother. She ate one cause she was hungry and saved the other. Her daddy came home and ATE IT!!!! Seriously - don't you think there would be a reason why I'm saving ONE cracker on the counter!!!! And he always eats all of her candy that she gets from birthday parties and such. In reality - that isn't a big deal because she shouldn't eat all of it anyway - but still.

And then the other day he brought home gravy fries with cheese. OK - you do not bring something as juicy and fattening as that into the house with a pregnant woman and expect it to still be here in the morning. To make matters worse - HE SAID I could eat it!!! So I was eating half and he said "why are you eating MY fries". Ass.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Wow - I don't know whether to laugh or cry this hits so close to home!!! Not that my dh ever does anything like that intentionally - he just doesn't always think about it...part of the "joy" of being an only child I guess.
:

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
i hate men sometimes....LOL... DH ate my ice cream and i cried like a baby.... he said i didn;t want it.. yes, i told him i didn;t want it... but that gives hime no right to eat it...

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I don't eat pork. And he does. And I told him I'd cook him pork for dinner. YES, the PREGNANT girl would COOK HIM DINNER.

But no. He ate my hamburger.

Sorry. Still pissed about it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sorry not in your DDC but saw this under new posts and the title caught my eye. I really think this is a man thing. My DH does this all the time, but if myself or dd eat something he has put in the fridge you would think we commited a felony. My dd has started writing her name on stuff in the fridge (leftovers from eating out or special stuff sent from gmom). DH said to me I don't understand why she writes her name on food stuff. So I told him to ask her as I already knew why. She told him "cuz dad you always eat me and moms stuff so I put my name on it so you won't eat it all up". Guess what he doesn't understand. It is definitely a guy thing.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
YES! He doesn't get mad at me for eating "his" food... it's generally "our" food... but I was just mad because this was something I'd SPECIFICALLY asked for him to save for me.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
HA HA HA

DH does this too ... all leftovers are his. I can be sitting at the table with a drink and he will just walk up and drink it all even though it is sitting right in front of me. God forbid I step away from a plate of food.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Makes 4 View Post
HA HA HA

DH does this too ... all leftovers are his. I can be sitting at the table with a drink and he will just walk up and drink it all even though it is sitting right in front of me. God forbid I step away from a plate of food.
Honestly that would really just make me very mad. Maybe I'm short tempered Portuguese, but you SEE it's in my glass... you SEE i've taken the time to get it... GO GET YOUR OWN.

Another thing is when we go out... say fast food
:

Ill ask him if he wants anything. "No". Okay, so as soon as the bag is handed over, hes eating my effin' food. I offered to BUY him food... he said no.

Or "Can I have some of your drink?"

Hello. No. But ONLY because I've already asked you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.