·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Has anyone done newspaper ads?  How many calls did you get?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Our agency is very into them but admits they don't get the results they used to but hasn't really given us any numbers - clearly they really don't track how many calls come from them.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyone have experience?  It is expensive and we're hesitant to waste that money.</p>
<p><br>
Thanks so much!</p>

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
<p>Not sure how helpful this is.  But as a birthmom I've done four big searches for adoptive parents (on my own, I don't care for agencies) and not once during any of those searches did I ever check a newspaper.  Never even crossed my mind actually.  It was all done through internet, phone calls, and some word of mouth.</p>

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<p>Thanks for sharing your experience.  We're getting a response from our online advertising and we're hesitant to pull that to switch to newspaper.  We can't afford to finance both.</p>

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
<p>On Aug 5, 2008 I sent letters to 112 obstetricians around our state. On Aug 10, 2008 (yes, 5 days later,) we got a call about a just born baby. She is now 27 months old and lives life with gusto. Right now my dad is rocking her so I can get a break. (She normally goes to sleep at 8, but with my husband out of town and us visiting grandma and grandpa she is staying up late.)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyway, we did online, newspapers, internet, and letters. I spoke with a hospital social worker that said she thought many babies she saw being placed had been matched via the newspaper. If you can only afford one I would stick with the internet. We did <a href="http://www.parentprofiles.com" target="_blank">www.parentprofiles.com</a>.</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts