Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
259 Posts
Please don't get me wrong - I'm not bashing your food choice. As long as the blue cheese in the dressing was pasteurized (it is), I would so not be worried about Pizza Hut dressing being old.

http://www.pizzahut.com/Files/PDF/ph_ingredients.pdf

Soybean oil, water, blue cheese (pasteurized milk, cheese culture, salt, enzymes, calcium chloride), egg yolk, distilled vinegar, high fructose corn syrup, salt, artificial flavor, garlic powder, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate added as preservatives, xanthan gum , onion powder.
CONTAINS: MILK, EGGS

I would find it hard to believe that stuff would actually go bad a month after its "expiration" date.

Of course you should go ahead and call your doc. I won't say you shouldn't go in to the urgent care, but if it was me, I'd rather be at home sleeping than spending 4 hours waiting at urgent care.

· Registered
259 Posts
Yeah, I went to a fancy restaurant in SF a couple months ago, got the cheese plate, asked multiple times about the cheeses being pasteurized (yes, they were). I got back a plate with a soft cheese and a tasting card that noted the raw goat's milk. Um... They sent me back some pasteurized cheddar (but cripes, I almost bought raw cheddar at Trader Joe's!) and comped some other stuff.

So I second the not eating soft cheese! And also that I don't think you have listerosis to worry about, only food poisoning, but with those ingreds, I don't think that will be an issue. Also not to mention that expiration dates on stuff like that are going to be more about taste and less about the food is bad exactly on this date.

At work we have shelf stable cream cheese (ugh, no). Yet still I will eat velveeta. Mm orange.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.