Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ugh. So, how bad is this... I was at pizza hut today and had wings with blue cheese dressing. Only *after* I finished, I was informed that the blue cheese dressing had been expired since June 27th (so a month). Great. They comped our entire meal, but a free dinner isn't going to make me happy if food poisoning can hurt the baby...

Please tell me that even if I get sick, the baby will be ok...I'm 12 weeks today, and as of my ultrasound this morning, the baby was strong and growing on target. Does anyone know if I can do anything to prevent something happening to the baby--should I try to find an open urgent care clinic and get some antibiotics? (it's been about 2 hours since I ate it...)

· Registered
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you...
:

And don't think I eat there every day. I actually haven't eaten there in years (gee, wonder why.
: ) but my son who never eats anything saw a commercial and begged to go, so I obliged. And it wasn't until about 20 minutes ago where it connected that blue cheese = no no to begin with. Ugh.

Renee...the blue cheese dressing was in a small plastic individual serving container and wasn't refrigerated (it was shelf stable. Or was I suppose).

The really sad thing? DH's serving had been expired for *3* months. Yeah, not going to Pizza Hut again. Homemade pizza next time....

· Registered
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL...so, the OB just laughed at me. LOL! He said just don't go around eating expired stuff on a daily basis, and it should be ok. He said because it was individually packaged, it was probably just a "freshness" issue (and me being nauseous now must be a first trimester issue).

I swear this doctor must think I'm a paranoid freak since I just saw him today for a regular appointment and then he gets a call from me at 10 PM (um, I am. But I think he noticed. LOL!) It's a good thing he's used to high risk paranoid hysterical pregnant women. LOL!

And I do have to say, he is the *fastest* doctor ever--he literally called back 20 seconds after we hung up with the nurse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.