Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate the phrase "terrible twos" because I don't think kids are terrible...but holy wow.

DD is almost 23 months. She is SUCH a good girl and so sweet, but she seems to be doing that age appropriate business currently and I'm having a hard time with it!

In the last couple of days, she's started saying NO, mama, NO when I ask her to do something. If DH or I touches her she swats our hand away (!) and says, NO TOUCH. If she gets an inkling that anything may not go her way she throws herself on the floor and screams. Even when things DO go her way, she throws herself on the floor and screams.

She will not be worn any longer. If we go to a store, it has to have a carriage for her to sit in because otherwise she takes off or screams to be picked up/put down.

She will ask for a specific food item...take a bite...chew and spit it out. Over and over and over. If we ask her not to do it, she does it more. If we ignore her, she still does it for the shock.

Just wow. Will this last until she's 18 now?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Yea, no real advice here. We are in it too. Except our issue is ds doesn't want anything to do with dh right now and does the swatting and refuses to let him touch him or do ANYTHING for him or with him, and dh is getting VERY frustrated with the issue, which is making the load all fall on me! Ugh.
Toddler drama...

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Hehe...wait until they turn 3
: I didn't think 2's could get any worse but wow, my girls are turning 3 in 3 months and hitting it early. The defiance is amazing! 2's for us were semi-defiant, lots of whining, crying, pushing their boundries, etc. Now it is all, 100% attitude and telling them 50 times not to do something when they just look at you, smile and do it anyways...This year might just do me in

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
Hehe...wait until they turn 3
: I didn't think 2's could get any worse but wow, my girls are turning 3 in 3 months and hitting it early. The defiance is amazing! 2's for us were semi-defiant, lots of whining, crying, pushing their boundries, etc. Now it is all, 100% attitude and telling them 50 times not to do something when they just look at you, smile and do it anyways...This year might just do me it

Hee-hee, just had to say I remember age 3 and even 4 with DS. Age 2 was like a walk in the park, lol! Hmm...wonder how life with DD will be? It's been awhile since I was "in that boat"!

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Sorry to say I agree with the others. Two is a walk in the park compared to defiant and irrational and enraged three. At least it was for DS, who is now four and in reality a very sweet boy. Unfortunately DD is terrible at two with the rage and sassiness. So I will probably have to have myself locked up next year, to prevent harm to all involved!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.