Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just downed my second cup of fennel tea in as many days - at 7dpo (well, dp IUI, really). I've been doing some research, and can't find anything conclusive about fennel in the doses I'm using (1/2-1 teaspoon). Some sites say emmanogogue, others say "ok", so I did an MDC search, and one of the first posts it pulled up quoted a mama as saying fennel *prevents implantation*! Is this true?!!? After 2+ years of ttc and an IUI that could actually work this cycle, I would just shoot myself if something I'm drinking is, in fact, killing any hance we had of conceiving this cycle.
So, info? Anyone? Please, share.
Thanks.
Katia

·
Registered
615 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
P.S. No shooting of thyself, either

We've all done things that looking back may have hurt our chances a certain month (me: oils in bath water, woulda though!) but we learn and move on. Best wishes!!!!

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
hmmm, ann. oils in bath water? which oils would be avoided? i'm a bathaholic.

also, regarding the fennel tea. in the large picture, two cups is not that much and if you have a viable pregnancy i would think the body could handle it (in my opinion). just keep yourself breathing and if there's implantation, you should be fine. best of luck to you.

·
Registered
615 Posts
HI Jennifer! Ck out the link in my above post for oils to avoid. There are many different sites about preganancy and essential oils, and most have different variations of oils to avoid. I use so many oils from cleaning to eating to body care that it was a serious issue.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, now I am just going to cry. For a few days. I am *so* exhausted by this never ending journey. Fennel *does* prevent implantation?!!? I drank it right around the time that implantation would be happening too. Sometimes I think that the universe is conspiring to keep us from EVER birthing a child.
Why does fennel prevent implantation anyway? I only drank it because I was having cramping in both my gut and my uterus - hooray for IBS. And, it actually calmed things down, which I thought would be a good thing. If my uterus is more relaxed, wouldn't the little embryo be more likely to find a nice solid spot to dig in? This was my reasoning. But, fennel is also a phytoestrogen, right? (I am pulling this from the depths of my brain - may be wrong) So, is the estrogen compenent the reason for the blocking of implantation?
Yes, the essential oil thing is a bit of a pain. I wonder what kind of riot my (our) senses are going to experience when I can finally use them all again. I'm really glad that citrus oils aren't on the "bad" list though...

Katia
and now, watch this thread die... it's a gift, what can I say

·
Registered
615 Posts
Katia:

http://www.helpforibs.com/footer/pregnancy.asp

I agree with Jennifer, two cups doesn't seem like that much.

I understand how you feel. The month we finally decied to do an IUI, my hubby blew his appendix up! So we are out for the count for a few months, due to toxins in his system.

s and

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.