Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe 7 months has already gone by, it's been fast. BUt I also can't believe I have another 3. I'm ready to give birth and have baby NOW! Anyone else wish this was over already?
And I know I will hate myself for wanting it to be done already, esp. since this could very well be my last. But I do feel this way. I want my energy back, even if it means dealing with a nb and toddler. Ha! Grass is always greener on the other side, isn't it?

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
I'm with you! I can't believe I'm still in the 2nd trimester, there are days that I feel like I'm going to explode. I think I'll be 3rd tri on Wed.. Good grief!! 13 weeks to go!?!!

I don't feel ready to actually have the baby, tho... I need more time to get some projects done- but then I don't have the energy to knock them out, either.

This is likely to be our last, too and we tried for so long to get pg so I'm so conflicted about feeling this way.... I really do enjoy feeling movement and knowing that there truly is a miracle taking place.. here's something I found that focuses in on that-

Suddenly many movements are going on within me, many things are happening, there is an almost unbearable sense of sprouting, of bursting encasements, of moving kernels, expanding flesh.
~Meridel Le Sueur

·
Registered
240 Posts
Reality hasn't really sunk in for me, I guess. I am nearly 29 weeks, and if it wasn't for her constantly kicking me, I'd forget I was pregnant (I forget everything else nowadays
). I'm one of those "see-it-to-believe-it" kind of people. I didn't believe I was really pregnant until I saw the ultrasound. It sank in a little bit then, but when I actually think about being left alone with an infant...man. I'm scared s***less! My mentality at this point (which I know it shouldn't be) is that "yea, I'm going to have a kid, but not for a long time."

Don't get me wrong...I can't wait to hold my little one...it just hasn't sunk in yet, I guess. Is that normal for a first timer?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Alyrie:

Very normal. I swear it didn't sink in for me until they brought my baby girl to my room in the hospital. My dad said I got this funny look on my face (call it overwhelmed!) and I am sure that is when it sunk in. Don't worry though, once you and your baby are home, the real joy of being a new mom kicks in. It is great. Don't worry about it! I am convinced there is nothing you can you to be really mentally ready until you hold your new little one!
Laura

·
Registered
527 Posts
I just wish I could enjoy this pregnancy a bit more. I LOVED being pregnant with my DS. My second and third trimester were golden times of feeling wonderful, beautiful, excited, and entergetic. I was in no hurry to give birth.

This time is totally different. I'm sore (pubic pain), grumpy and tired. I am 27 wks 2 days (yeah, 3rd trimester), and ready for this baby. I've even started getting back the first thing, morning nausea.

I also feel like things are just different now that I have a child. I can't spend my days obsessing about nurseries, baby products, and birth. Been there. Now I spend my time focused on my 3 year old- and I am reminded I'm pregnant when I get a kick.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hmm... for now, I guess I'm one of the ones still in denial. It would be nice to not be heavy, hot, swollen and uncomfortable ALL SUMMER LONG, but I haven't quite acknowledged that there's a baby arriving here someday soon-ish...

Something to do with those early-pregnancy fears, I guess. I'm not worried about mc but there's no way I feel as pregnant as I did with my other 3 kiddos. :-(

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Beemama-Thanks for the inspirational quote. Realizing that there is a miracle happening inside of me is the only thing that keeps me going. That is really the only thing I am liking about this pregnancy. I was much more entralled with the whole process last time. But this time, I'm like "okay okay, been here done this, lets move on..." But one thing I remember is how wierd it felt the first time I went somewhere without my son in my belly. Realizing he wasn't just with me all the time no matter what was a little sad. Like I had left my constant companion somewhere. Of course I stay so close to my kids anyways, that feeling didn't last long. Now all he does is hang on me all day. so instead of being with me on the inside, there he is on the outside!

Arelyn-It is very diff. from my experience being pregnant the first time, the sec. time and I hear even third fourth fifth so on.. But I do remember wondering if I was really going to have an actual live sweet baby to hold after this was all done. But you will and it is nice

Well I guess I shouldn't wish things would hurry. I finally just started sewing some dipes and I don't really think it's all that easy. It's not hard, but not easy. More of a med. diff. project and I"m totally a beginner sewer. I've decided that's all I'm registering for and I sure hope we get a bunch. Also I have no girl clothes to speak of yet. Not one piece. Hope we get some of those to, otherwise she'll be in boy clothes.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I'm right there with ya! I sometimes just can't believe that I still have 11 more weeks to get bigger
. Between back pain, dealing with the heat, and my horrid varicosities in my right leg, I'd be happy to be done tomorrow.

That said, this is most likely my last and I too am sad that I'm not feeling that cute, coziness I felt with my last pregnancy. Being pregnant with while caring for a toddler is perhaps more than I bargained for, though

·
Registered
955 Posts
I can't wait until pregnancy is over. I enjoy the live child SOOOOO much more than being pregnant. I hate being tired all the time, especially when dealing with two energetic little boys. It is freakin' hot here (about 110) and I am sick of being stuck in the house. I want to get things done but don't have the energy. Going out and running errands is a big ordeal because getting in and out of the hot car with two kids is nearly killing me. Wow, I am whiny. I should really be happy that I don't have any major pregnancy complications, etc. But poor me.
: Nausea has revisited me (went away at 21 weeks, came back at 25) and heartburn is rearing its ugly head. But now I'm 26 weeks so only 16 more weeks to go.

I am going to make a list of one thing to accomplish each week later tonight and I hope that will keep me going. I love lists! Since this is my third pregnancy I'm not having as much fun picking things out that I "need" for baby...I already have everything.

Hugs to all!

·
Registered
964 Posts
I'm wanting pregnancy to be over.....but at the same time I know I'll want her back inside when I have to go back to school/work...It makes it that much easier..When you eat, she's fed..she can't cry in there..she's always safe..she goes wherever I go!

Once she's here tho, it's completely different. She'll be my first so I'm super nervous!

And thinking about giving birth terrifies me....

·
Registered
770 Posts
My DH is going on a mission trip to Brazil for 15 days in July, so I don't think I've even started letting myself be ready b/c I know that there is no way I want to even think about this baby getting here until he's back; after July 19!

I'm in denial still! Although REALLY looking forward to maternity leave from work.

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamas2atti View Post
I can't wait until pregnancy is over. I enjoy the live child SOOOOO much more than being pregnant. I hate being tired all the time, especially when dealing with two energetic little boys. It is freakin' hot here (about 110) and I am sick of being stuck in the house. I want to get things done but don't have the energy. Going out and running errands is a big ordeal because getting in and out of the hot car with two kids is nearly killing me. Wow, I am whiny. I should really be happy that I don't have any major pregnancy complications, etc. But poor me.
: Nausea has revisited me (went away at 21 weeks, came back at 25) and heartburn is rearing its ugly head. But now I'm 26 weeks so only 16 more weeks to go.

I am going to make a list of one thing to accomplish each week later tonight and I hope that will keep me going. I love lists! Since this is my third pregnancy I'm not having as much fun picking things out that I "need" for baby...I already have everything.

Hugs to all!
Oh man, I Soooo feel ya on this heat being draining and errands and pulling
kid(s) Out of the car. It's been 90-100's here in Mississip and it is so hard to run errands. And I have to carry my 17 month old a lot b/c if I put him down he wants to run all around. So if it's a quick thing which errands usually are I have to carry him everywhere. I usually get 2 done and then I'm done! I've really had to take it a lot slower and just realize everything will get done eventually, or I'll kill myself. This heat sucks!

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzybaby9 View Post
I'm wanting pregnancy to be over.....but at the same time I know I'll want her back inside when I have to go back to school/work...It makes it that much easier..When you eat, she's fed..she can't cry in there..she's always safe..she goes wherever I go!

Once she's here tho, it's completely different. She'll be my first so I'm super nervous!

And thinking about giving birth terrifies me....
I was living in MS when Hurricane Katrina hit and I was so glad my son was still inside of me ( I was 7 months pregnant). Also, ppl focused on keeping me happy, cool and sane thru two weeks of no air, no gas for the cars, running out of food, pandimonium around town. It was crazy. But Cooper was nice and safe the whole time.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I am right there with you. I am trying so hard to enjoy it and not wish it away but man 3 months seems soooo long right now. Then I tell myself look how fast the first 7 went!! It doesn't help I keep having people ask me when I am due and then say oh you have that long to go??? Ugg! I am trying to be patient!

·
Registered
770 Posts
"It doesn't help I keep having people ask me when I am due and then say oh you have that long to go??? Ugg! I am trying to be patient!"
YEAH!!! What is up with that comment???? I look at all your beautiful bellies, and they seem just the same as mine, but for some reason people keep saying this to me. DH's aunt actually asked me via e-mail (after her daughter telling her she saw pictures of me looking VERY pregnant) if twins run in my family.

People, my belly is NORMAL size for third trimester!!!

thanks takebirthback, he is REALLY excited to go. We're just waiting for his VISA to get here and finalizing plans for DS while he's gone. I know I'm going to miss him, but I know he's going to have a great experience. He keeps telling people, "It's my first trip off the continent."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.