Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home and saw a homeless man with a sign by the off ramp of the highway. He said he was a retired Vet who had chemo and needed some camping gear. He really looked like he could use some help. So I turned around and was coming back to go grab him some camping gear down the road at the sports store and a cop clocked me going too fast and gave me a ticket. ARrrrrghhhhh. I'm mad at myself for trying to get it done too fast and for explaining myself after he had written the ticket only to be told that he couldn't "unwrite" the ticket without writing a memo to the Chief. ARrrggggghhh.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I know you were trying to do the right thing. Karma works in mysterious ways. So it will come when you least expect it. But what is that saying...no good deed goes unpunished? I sincerely feel sad for your experience right now, but there is sunshine in my heart for what you were/are going to do. Maybe a trip to goodwill or salvation army could net you a trunk full of supplies that you could drive around donating. Good luck!

·
Registered
404 Posts
There is something so much more frustrating about getting a ticket when you are trying to do something good.<br><br>
My DH won a DVD player in a call in radio contest. By mistake they sent us 2 of them so he took one back to the station and got a speeding ticket on the way home. Ended up costing us more than the DVD player was worth!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts