Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pride sustained a serious injury last night. My boys have a bunkbed -- the matterss frame is wooden slats that are screwed on to the frame, the short way across. They like to take off the mattresses and play around with them. My oldest was up on his bed, without the mattress, and asked me if those slats would break from him being up there (they were bending a bit as he stepped in the middle). I told him not as long as he walked on them the right way, and told him to be sure he stepped on the slats close to the frame, where they had more support.

Later on, my dd was up there. I got up to herd her over towards dh, so he could lift her down. I was walking back across the (still mattress-less) bed to get down, and I stepped in the middle of a slat, right at a knot.
It broke in half, and that leg fell through -- luckily, the slat that my other foot was on held up. Man, did I feel silly.

I felt fine, but worried that I would be sore today -- I've hardly noticed anything, though. Phew!

· Premium Member
6,600 Posts
*chuckles* when I was teaching school age kids, I was pregnant with my first. One of my students asked me to do the obstacle course with him...I broke on of the pieces of equipment and had to tell the principal (who I knew) and he chuckled as well.
Happens to the best of us

· Registered
3,293 Posts
Yeouch. Glad it was just your pride that was hurt!!

Sounds like something I would do, though, pg or not.
:

· Registered
6,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm glad I'm not the only one to have done something like this.

kleines, you can laugh at me, don't worry. I just about burst into tears when it happened, but I'm laughing about it now.

· Registered
1,915 Posts
oh goodness, sorry I couldn't help but laugh
. But honey don't feel bad, when we moved into this apartment last year, it was the first time DH ever had an attic, and he went to put something in there, and I was sitting in the living room and guess whose leg came crashing through the living room ceiling? He had stepped of the support beams because he didn't know any better. Quite a sight.

· Registered
6,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by knowerofnada View Post
I was sitting in the living room and guess whose leg came crashing through the living room ceiling? He had stepped of the support beams because he didn't know any better. Quite a sight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.