Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ribs, back, hips, you name it!

I've heard that the body "remembers" it's shape and returns quicker with subsequent pregnancies, but is anybody else miserable already?!

I've got photos of myself IN LABOR last time, and I'm hardly smaller than that, now, with 12 weeks to go. I had an U/S just to make sure it was only one (twins run in my family) and it is a singleton, and he is growing right on target, and I'm HUGE! Not fat, either. It's mostly all belly.

People are asking when I'm due, I say "early September" and their eyes pop out or they raise their brows or what have you, looking shocked and sympathetic.

My garden is totally gone to pot, my bathroom floor has an obvious line of dust/stray hair all around the corners and unwalked on areas, my kids' rooms are trecherous to walk in, and I'm sleeping horribly, so have no energy to do anything.

I really feel like I'm about nine months preggo already, and am worried about being in lousy shape for the birth, since I'm so impeded by this belly.

Please tell me I'm not alone!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
With my first pregnancy my hips ached so badly at night it was hard to sleep. I would be in absolute agony. The only thing that helped was getting a massage and being adjusted by the Chiropractor which was sporadic. This time around, I have been visiting my chiropractor regularly every two weeks. That has been a big help! I defintiely don't have the aches in my hips this time. My heels do hurt and I do feel tired though from carrying my 19 month old son every now and then.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
YOu are not alone..I am so worried about how big I am going to get....my ribs have been murder!!!

But..I dropped today. So that pain is better, now I have the vaginal pressure. Just praying the dropping doesn't mean anything...

Caroline

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Caroline, when are you due?

I keep thinking, horrified, that I have three months to go!

I need a good night's sleep, and a day in the garden.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
haha, ladies, I'm sorry to hear you're in this predicament too! I've been having this pity-fest on the Expecting twins boards I visit also... I've also still got 3+ months to go, and last week I started having the achy pelvic bones/spreading feeling. And my back aches. And my belly is tight and itchy. And my breasts are leaking more than before. And the kicks are less "cute", haha. And my belly feels constantly sore, like the babies are bruising me internally...

But, darn it, the chiropractor fixed that tailbone pain completely! Yes!! And at least I don't get headaches or nausea...

(Yesterday there was a pregnant gal in the chiro's office who is due (with one) in two weeks, and her belly was the same size as mine! Just how big CAN this belly stretch over the next 12 weeks??!??)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Oh, I'm right there with ya, Plantmommy, on the dusty bathroom corners and neglected garden and everything. I also got The Look the other day from someone I told my due date was Sept. 18. I think she thought I was going to say "tomorrow."

I have three or four maternity items that I'm holding back on wearing now. I'm betting that they are going to be the ONLY things that fit me at 8+ months. That happened last time, too; my last week I think I wore this one outfit to work 3 days out of 5!

Ow my poor hips! Hugs all around!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got medium-sized maternity pants with the elastic and buttons. you know, the adjustable ones? Anyway, they are now completely unbuttoned, extended all the way, and still too tight! This will be the first pregnancy where I've ever had to get large maternity clothes. Unpregnant, I'm about an 8 or so. The killer is that I'm not fat; I've gained about 20 lbs., but it's all in the midsection!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by plantmommy
My son seems to prefer laying on a slight diagonal, with a foot firmly planted in my right rib.
Mine too!! And, how is that left hip bone feeling? Mine is being battered by a head!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The left hip is feeling somewhat restricted, but it's less of a nusiance than the kidney punches.
: :LOL

Feisty, just like his mom!

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Last night I tried to roll over... didn't realize I was sandwiched between two large fat cats.
:
: So the covers didn't give and my left leg didn't move very far in the rolling to my right side move.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW!

That lovely muscle that runs along your side, down the curve, across the crease at the top of your thigh and into your groin... screamed so loud that I had to verbalize it.

:LOL

Needless to say... one cat left. David was facing the other way with his back to me and just reached his hand behind him and patted the covers between us kind of lovingly. I think that was suppose to be "condolences" to me.

It's has been "sore" off and on for weeks but that was literally gut wrenching. :LOL

My right hip/tailbone is feeling the owie love too. I was driving earlier and turned on the heated carseat just to make it feel better. Yeah it was 94 degrees outside and my butt was getting warmed. :LOL

We aren't even going to talk about my bathroom floor.
:
:

·
Registered
850 Posts
HUMMmmm.... if you hadn't mentioned it i wouldn't have looked, BUT NOW I can definitely see drifts of chest hairs in all the corners of the bathroom. I guess i better get out the broom and mop! Oh Bother!

I also have been very achey lately... especially my arm joints (elbow pit) but thankfully my regular chiropractic visits seem to be staving off the worst of the hip aches. This morning i was whining about needing to be adjusted ASAP. it's funny how addicted you can get to proper spinal alignment!

Anna Banana

·
Registered
0 Posts
where is my whiny-face icon?

i am so there will all of you. if it didn't rain, theg arden wouldn't get any water. my bathrooms are gross. everything hurts. and i am SO TIRED.

i'll be praying to give birth in my 37th week, i'm sure. any time from august 14th on, this kid is supposed to be "safe". august 14 sounds good to me today!!!

sigh. i think i'll get my dh to do the grocery shopping on his way home from work tonight. i am so achy and tired.

whine whinge whine whinge

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
See, all you have to do is have a bathroom in a state of renovation, like we do, and no one notices the hairs in the corner because it's all under construction anyway!!!!

Thankfully the bathroom reno will be finished the weekend of June 25. WHILE I am gone. Yippee.

Had a leg cramp last night. OWWWWWWWWWWWWW. But I jumped right out of bed and walked it off and that really worked! Why hadn't I tried that before?

j

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Quote:
Had a leg cramp last night. OWWWWWWWWWWWWW. But I jumped right out of bed and walked it off and that really worked! Why hadn't I tried that before?
Because it's the middle of the night and the brain isn't usually working well?? At least that's my excuse... and I'm stickin' to it.

I almost had one this morning as I was getting dressed. Put my leg up on the edge of the bed, started to rub lotion on my leg ...felt that beginning twitch... put my leg back down.
I knew it was because I hadn't eaten yet, had my glucose test this morning.
Flat orange soda... tasty... NOT!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm aching all over too, especially my hip joints. It seems like I'm constantly trying to stretch and loosen them up. Rolling over in bed has been the worst though. It's like a major ordeal! Plus I've been getting the sh*t kicked out of me by this little guy lately. He must be practicing his soccer moves or something. I was told my placenta is in the front, so I've been trying to figure out how this is even possible

1 - 18 of 18 Posts