Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boobs are in pain! For the past few days when DD latches it is sore! And it's not like she doesn't know what she's doing...she's 16 months-but, something isn't right!

Both nipples are sore and it feels like pain running through part of my breast while she is nursing-kind of hot. She makes a couple teeth indentions when she is nursing and there is a sore where one of her front teeth always are, on both sides.

I don't know what to do!! I just kind of wince when she wants to nurse! ouch!

I've been putting lanolin on the sore site, but what else should I do.
It's hard to get her in a different position-she's not a little baby and likes to nurse sitting up!

HELP!!

· Registered
11,048 Posts
Hmmm...either it's her position rubbing your breasts the wrong way, or it's yeast (this would be my guess, especially if the skin got raw or broken). The pain inside the breast (like shooting or stabbing?) sounds like yeast to me.

Stop using lanolin - it feeds yeast. You can use olive oil, which is anti-yeast.

You will have to treat both your dd and yourself to get rid of yeast. Check out the yeast pages at www.kellymom.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.