Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to adopt from Thailand! I didn't think we would be able to start the process for at least a year but this program will work perfectly for us! We have the goal of not using debt again, Dave Ramsey, so we had to find a program that would allow us to do that. We are SO excited! She won't be coming home until sometime in 2010 but that works perfectly for our family. We should be adopting a little girl between the ages of 16 months and 2 years at time of placement but we also put that we are open to young silbings or twins of any gender. I just pray that the political situation over there gets better. I have been working like crazy on all the paperwork and we have been watching our education videos and taking our tests. I love how so much of the adoption education promotes the attachment parenting that we already parent by-babywearing, co-sleeping, not pushing for early indepence, following the childs lead, etc. I have learned so much from this board. Thank you!

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
wow! congratulations!! when our adoption plans went off the rails someone suggested Thailand, and said they had friends who were in the process -- can you share a bit about the stability (or lack thereof) and timeline, cost, etc, of adoptions from Thailand? or point me to a link?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
http://www.neiu.edu/~rghiggin/Thaiadopt/start.html

Here is a lot of the information. Our timeline that was given is 15 months after the dossier is finished we should have a referral and within in 3 months after that we should have picked up our child. The cost is very reasonable (under $15,000) but the program is popular and a lot of agencies aren't taking applications at this time.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Thanks for the links!

We're currently in New Zealand on a year or two stint, but have lived in Canada for the last 10 years, where we made it all the way up to waiting to travel to Z a m b i a to complete our adoption, before it became clear that it just wasn't going to actually happen, BUT I am actually American, and we'll likely move back to California when we leave NZ, unless my dh can't find a job there when the time comes... Money is an issue in adoption for us, so we'll either adopt domestically in California, or take advantage of that awesome US tax credit!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.