Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my elbee order. Just three lovely little diapers. I love them!!! Why oh why do I have to love them!?!?! How will I ever get my hands on more?!?!
Oh well.
They are really cute and pretty. I'll have to get a picture later.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
ah yes, i got my first when dd was a few weeks old and now we have close to two dozen of them with another number coming up soon. they are really, really nice!

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Yay Beth!
I'd love to see them when you get a pic up. I did NOT love my first 3 elbees, and ebayed them all this past week. I did NOT love my first elbee off the TP, either. Baggy in the crotch, all of them. But then i got a medium hemp with sidewalls and now I am feeling the
love big time. They fit awesome and are so absorbent when done with just regular smooth-side hemp, and in a size medium, no bigger.... I don't know why I messed around with medium longs and larges considering I don't have a giant sized toddler on my hands--they run big!
: my number is coming up and I'm getting all medium hemps with sidewalls....

I have another number coming much, much later....ask me in 6 months what the status of that is and I could share it with you!

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
I just got a medium long off e-bay, and it just looks so gorgeous on DS. I never understood why anyone would want to go coverless until I saw him in the elbee! It looked too trim and everything to cover up! I have a number coming up eventually (maybe six months time?) for a bakers dozen, and I don't know if I can wait! I love this one on him. It's a medium long with sidewalls. I don't know what I'll get on my order when it eventually comes up though! Anybody with a number coming up soon want to split it with me so I don't have to wait? I'll split my number with them in return with it comes up? I just really, really
the one we have now!

Alison

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hummm. I might have to try a different "kind" of elbee I guess. Butterflymom, the one you sent me is perfectly sewn and in perfect condition... just what I wanted!... but I don't really care for the fit and Sailor SOAKED it (so that her wool cover was damp!) in like, one hour. The butt is rather baggy and the rise is VERY short, no? It seems like a diaper that has lost all it's elastic. :LOL I was prepared to just pass my number by but now I'm thinking perhaps sidewalls? lol

I want to feel the Elbee
!

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2Sailor
Hummm. I might have to try a different "kind" of elbee I guess. Butterflymom, the one you sent me is perfectly sewn and in perfect condition... just what I wanted!... but I don't really care for the fit and Sailor SOAKED it (so that her wool cover was damp!) in like, one hour. The butt is rather baggy and the rise is VERY short, no? It seems like a diaper that has lost all it's elastic. :LOL I was prepared to just pass my number by but now I'm thinking perhaps sidewalls? lol

I want to feel the Elbee
!
Don't feel bad. I don't feel the elbee love, either. I like cutsie. And I didn't find them any more absorbant than what I use. We all can't love the same diaper.

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
I have another number coming much, much later....ask me in 6 months what the status of that is and I could share it with you!
I would love to. I will definately check back with you.
I am kicking myself for not ordering a whole bakers dozen.
Well, I got 3 different kinds to try, all smalls. She fits them really well with a snap or two left.I will need medium soon.
I got a smooth hemp, and hemp terry and cotton waffle weave and I am LOVING the waffle weave one. It is stretchy and light. Eden is a really light wetter so I don't need all that absorbancy of hemp, and the cotton dries quicker and is softer.
Still no picture, but she is sleeping in one right now.
I'll have to snap her tomorrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.