Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a capri style soaker as a very generous gift from a mama here a little while ago. Ds and i both love them, he wears them every day. but i noticed this morning that a piece of yarn has come loose and now the soaker is coming in half at the seam. Waht do i do? I can't figure out where to tie the thing to stop it from unraveling more...ds will jsut be so sad if these fall apart...he loves them. if i don't put them on him he brings them to me and insisits.
I am totally freaking out here
thank you all you wise mamas

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
If it's unraveling where the seam is, then you could probably get a yarn sewing needle and sew it back together and tie it off. Or if there isn't enough of unraveled yarn left, you can mend it with a similar colored wool yarn.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Is the soaker unraveling, or is it just coming unsewed? If it is just unsewed, you can get a needle and repair it like Stephanie said. If it is coming unraveled, you can put the string through the loop that it is making and that will stop the damage. Now to get it repaired might take some work....

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Yes use wool yarn to re-sew it if it is coming un-sewn, but if it is un-raveling it would be best to contact the WAHM that made it to have it repaired, it can be done and isn't really hard, just important that you use the same colored yarn so it matches!
good luck!

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
It's acrylic, I made it.

If you need more yarn let me know, ok? I've got a ton of that color and I could cut some and mail it

I can't believe it's coming apart! Yikes! It was my first soaker I made though.... so I guess it shouldn't surprise me

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it is cominga apart at the seam...see i don't know how to sew at all so i am rather sewing challenged...when you say mend it do you mean just....arrgh i don't even know how to put into words...how bout this how would i go aobut tying it off? tie it to itself? to another part of the yarn? the string is only 2 inches or so right now so i don't know if i have enough to tie it off or not. where would i go aobut geting a yarn sewing needle?

I guess i will have to hidei t till i can afford to go the a knitting/fabric sort of store...oh ds will not be happy about that.

But don't feel bad Kimberly...in all other ways it is excellent! for afirst soaker it is grand!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts