Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband is out of town and he called and asked what the news was in Lebanon. I told him that Israel had taken maroon ar ras, but I didn't realize that the village his mom is trapped in is now under threat, it's right next to maroon ar ras. It's too late to call him, and I imagine that if there were an update someone would have called by now. I'm just posting this here 'cause everyone I know is asleep right now and I feel like I need to get it out. I feel so awful that I missed that. I mean he knows where maroon ar ras is, but still he asked me and I just wasn't paying attention to the news. She's so old, I'm just hoping she can get to the states somehow. At least she might get a chance to evacuate now.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts

I really hope she's okay and that she gets out soon.

Try and sleep well. (My DH is gone this week for work and I always sleep like poo when he's not here- hence, me wasting time on line).

·
Registered
7,939 Posts
I hope your mil and her family are safe. I'll pray for her safety and for all the Lebanese and Israeli and Palestinian people.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
I'll keep her in my thoughts... I haven't heard a word about my friend in Beirut either... I hope your MIL can get to a safer place...
take care

·
Premium Member
15,484 Posts

A family friend of ours also had about 30 relatives visiting. I hope your MIL is safe.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by PoppyMama
Crap. Have you heard anything new from her?
Just heard. She is refusing to leave. She was kicked out of her village for almost twenty years, she said she won't give it up again. She's old and she'd rather die their than be kicked out again.

The family is making their peace with it (well you know they are very upset but what can be done?) and simply hoping for the best. I can't say that I might not do the same if I were her age and in her position.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by timneh_mom
I'll keep her in my thoughts... I haven't heard a word about my friend in Beirut either... I hope your MIL can get to a safer place...
take care
One of my dearest friends was in Beirut in one of the hardest hit areas, I wanna cry everytime I think of it. She is the only person I haven't heard from and I'm worried sick about her. I hope you hear from your friends soon.

Thank you for all the wellwishes. Has anyone heard from Beloved Bird yet?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mahdokht
Just heard. She is refusing to leave. She was kicked out of her village for almost twenty years, she said she won't give it up again. She's old and she'd rather die their than be kicked out again.

The family is making their peace with it (well you know they are very upset but what can be done?) and simply hoping for the best. I can't say that I might not do the same if I were her age and in her position.
It must be torture for the family but I can't say I would do any different either. I hope your husband finds a deep peace with this.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
oh i hope she is going to be okay, makdokht

i'll be praying for her safety. my sister has also decided to stay put in lebanon for now.. and i'm really nervous about that decision too. she is in halba and its still relatively safe there. apparently many of them think it will all be over in a few weeks anyway. who knows.. hopefully sooner than that too.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamamelia
oh i hope she is going to be okay, makdokht

i'll be praying for her safety. my sister has also decided to stay put in lebanon for now.. and i'm really nervous about that decision too. she is in halba and its still relatively safe there. apparently many of them think it will all be over in a few weeks anyway. who knows.. hopefully sooner than that too.
I'm thinking it may quiet down by next Monday. I pray your sister is ok. I don't know where halba is, is it far north?

·
Registered
43,705 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mahdokht
Has anyone heard from Beloved Bird yet?
She posted a few hours ago on one of the Israel threads.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
thanks
yep up north... near akkar.

i just read this.

please, please, please let it be true and go as planned. i can't stand anymore of the killing.

·
Registered
10,142 Posts
Sending peaceful healthy thoughts to your MIL!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts