Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I recently purchased a Babyhawk Oh Snap (sent back the Gemini, too small for toddler).  The waist band adjustment buckles of the Oh Snap are exactly where my son's legs rest so they rub against them.</p>
<p>Has anyone else noticed the placement of these buckles, is it where your child's legs rest?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Here is photo from the site:</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href="http://www.babyhawk.com/images/Instructions/ohsnapfrontcarry_6.jpg" target="_blank">ohsnapfrontcarry_6.jpg</a></p>
<p> </p>
<p>Adjusting them makes no difference in where they lie, as the one side is stationary. Any ideas on what to do?</p>

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
<p>Are the buckles annoying your little one or is it more of a "it looks uncomfortable" type of thing? (Which I totally get, by the way!)</p>
<p>Either way, once you have the waistband adjusted the way you need it, maybe you could put some Babylegs or something similar over the buckles to cover them? </p>
<p>I have seen the buckles be along a baby's leg line, mostly it is with smaller toddlers/older babies.  As they get taller and their legs lengthen they "grow" out of the way, if that makes sense. </p>

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<p>They leave red marks, so it likely bothers him. That's a helpful idea about putting Babylegs as a sleeve over them. I could also cut a pair of my thick socks and do that too. I actually entertained the thought of cutting them off. The structural integrity would not be affected as those buckles span a solid piece of waist belt (they more or less gather it).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for your feedback.</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts