Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Teagan went through a short stint of biting when nursing, back when she was about 5 months old. It happened a few times over 2 days, and I reacted harshly enough to stop it.

She's picked it up again a couple weeks back around when she hit 10 months, now with 5 sharp little teeth. And she's not nibbling/testing it out, she's clamping down HARD. I've tried every pitch and volume of "no biting" but it seems like the louder I am, the funnier she thinks the whole thing is. I tried not reacting at all a for a couple days (OMG can I say how hard it is to do nothing when you are having a nipple bitten off?!?!) but that didn't seem to help any. I've tried pulling her into the breast to force her to let go, but she thinks THAT is funny too. What else can I try?

Sometimes I can see it coming. She'll pop off, give me a look or start to half smile and go for the breast and if I'm paying attention I can stop it, but I don't catch it every time. I am REALLY dedicated to breastfeeding her for a while yet (obviously, or I would have been weaning a couple weeks ago!) but I'm not sure what to do. She's even bitten me at the start of what would have been a nursing session, when I know she's hungry.

Help?!?

· Registered
214 Posts
Can't offer any help, but can offer my condolences. I am going thru the exact same thing with my DS right now who will also be 10 months next week. It was bad enough when he had just 1 tooth, now with FOUR OWWWIEEE!!!

Hope we both find a remedy soon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.