Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,299 Posts
Yes, it is beautiful......but, much of he beauty (to me) is in the yarn choice, which costs an arm and a leg and the small guage, which would take me years to knit myself a cardigan on needles that small. I admire it, but it won't be earning a place on my "to knit" list for quite some time to come.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bless you, mamas. Common sense wins the day, yet again. Even though it is beautiful.

If only it came in baby-sized portions. Now THAT would be perfect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,456 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamadaisy View Post
Yes, it is beautiful......but, much of he beauty (to me) is in the yarn choice, which costs an arm and a leg and the small guage, which would take me years to knit myself a cardigan on needles that small. I admire it, but it won't be earning a place on my "to knit" list for quite some time to come.
Darn you KPPPM and your astronomical cost!
Seems every pattern I find where I simply ADORE the sample is knit with KPPM...

Love the cardi!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,567 Posts
Just lovely! I really want to make it! I will really have to think about it, though b/c I am very large in the "nurse" department, as well (and only going to get bigger!
) On another note, maybe the baby will have weaned by the time it is finished! This is especially funny b/c I am pregnant now, and I am still nursing my 3.5 yo DS!
So, I could easily budget 5 years to work on this sweater!


I am just loving it, though. I wish some knitting genius would make a baby/child pattern like it. That would make my dream much more realistic!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,801 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
Just lovely! I really want to make it! I will really have to think about it, though b/c I am very large in the "nurse" department, as well (and only going to get bigger!
) On another note, maybe the baby will have weaned by the time it is finished! This is especially funny b/c I am pregnant now, and I am still nursing my 3.5 yo DS!
So, I could easily budget 5 years to work on this sweater!


I am just loving it, though. I wish some knitting genius would make a baby/child pattern like it. That would make my dream much more realistic!
you are too funny!

I hit the "I can't remember what I was doing here" on projects after the 3 month mark
then I find I have to like start over or something.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, but I'm a nursing mum
If my daughter's awake, the chances are that SOMETHING will be exposed.
Project scale-it-down-for-the-little-ones is under way. I've done the maths, but I am NOT buying the yarn until after Xmas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,456 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
Yeah, but I'm a nursing mum
If my daughter's awake, the chances are that SOMETHING will be exposed.
Project scale-it-down-for-the-little-ones is under way. I've done the maths, but I am NOT buying the yarn until after Xmas.
Yeah - looks like a great post-Christmas knitting project! I really like it. Not all us nursing Mamas are blessed with big bazoongas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,801 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KnitterMama View Post
Yeah - looks like a great post-Christmas knitting project! I really like it. Not all us nursing Mamas are blessed with big bazoongas.

I can share


I miss my b's. I have so many tops I can't wear anymore because they just don't look right. lol

It is a beautiful sweater.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,805 Posts
I like the sweater, but the wide neckline would drive me nuts! It would always be falling over one shoulder and I'd be driven insane trying to keep everything straight!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
See, I'm a fat lass but with decent collarbones. I tend to show my shoulders off a lot, cos they're the purtiest bit of me.
Still downsizing for baby....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,299 Posts
Helen,
What a perfect idea! A beautiful sweater made with beautiful yarn for a beautifuly little babe. Sounds perfect all around. I wasn't meaning to rain on your (or anyone's) parade. I think it would be a fabulous adult sweater and it caught my eye when I first looked at it.

On another note, in true procrastinator style, I am anxiously awaiting the new MagKnits and Knitty next week because I only have half of my holiday list that has yet to be cast on and surely I need some new projects.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,611 Posts
Helen, I had *just* stumbled upon that pattern myself, when out on the Web looking for cardies with earthy edgings to use with the earthy chocolate Full Belly Farms yarn (though it's the wrong weight). It is a beautiful design--I think it would hold its charm knit in a lighter color, less expensive yarn, too.

Incidentally, my very favorite sweater (alas, bought at a thrift store and machine-knit of teeny, tiny acrylic) shows very little but my curves and my collar bones--it's a wide V-neck with slightly belled long sleeves, a cut-in waist, and a rounded off, longer bottom edge. If I were a clever girl with a tad more patience, I'd make up the pattern and knit myself ten!
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top