Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone actually near me??? I am right in bewtween Dayton and Cincy, and while I would love to attend the events in Cincy, I hate to think that I would have to put the kids in the car for a 45 minitue drive, kwim? So , is anyone between Cincy and Dayton??? wanna get together?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Kristin, I *know* you're not the only one! There are lots of families up your way, and all I can say is this: no one has started a local group for your area... YET!

If I were in your shoes, I'd hop on over to Yahoo!Groups and start yourself a group, and put it in the following category (there was nothing for natural family living, unfortunately, and I can understand some peoples' reluctance to label themselves as "AP" since that can be misunderstood, but nonetheless):

Top > Family & Home > Parenting > Attachment Parenting

Here's the link:
http://groups.yahoo.com/start?stage=...%26search%3DGO

If you do something like this, I *promise* you, other families will come in time and your group will grow --> Don't forget to post your new group here in the MDC Tribal Area, if you set one up.

Also, I'll gladly keep your group name on hand to pass out to parents who call me here in Cincy about finding moms in your area. I volunteer for 2 non-profits (API and DFB ), and we get many inquiries from moms outside of Cincy - moms in Germantown, Middletown, Hamilton, Oxford, S. Dayton, and loads of places in between. So I know you're not alone!

It's just a matter of providing a virtual/online central "location" for y'all to connect with one another. As far as I know, nobody has done that yet. I really encourage you to go for it!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi,

We are living in Miami Township (south of Dayton) temporarily while our house is being built in Springboro. Where are you located? I bet we are pretty close. I've been meeting w/ some Moms each Wednesday morning who also recently moved here from out of State. You are welcome to join us, just private message me. There is a Springboro Moms club too--I have not joined, but was thinking of it. They have a website if you google it. Most of the other groups I attempted to join were full.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IWe are in middletown, very close to springboro. I would love to start a group. as soon as i find the time. I watch and watch the cincy API group, but just hate to drive the 45 mins to join.
i drive there once a week to go to school, so i just hate to drive there on another day, kwim? Michelle~ What school does your husband teach at????

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I live a little west of Cleveland. My friend lives in Middletown...we were just down there this past summer. We went to the big Greek Festival at St. Nicholas/Holy Trinity Church in Cinci.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.