Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard a "blurb" on the radio today that Ohio may be on its way to mandate girls ages 11-12 to receive the HPV vaccine. I've searched a lot of places on the internet and can't find anything. Does anyone know where I can look to find out more about this?<br><br>
Thank you!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I'm in Ohio. I haven't heard anything. I'll keep my ears/eyes open, though. I am pro-vax but for the life of me I don't understand the massive push to get this vaccine in every female of the allowed age. I was excited to get it this summer but after all this hullabaloo I'm wary.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
This vax only covers 4 of the 30+ types of HPV. The only people that get HPV and are at a higher risk of cancer have to have other contributing factors for a disease that will not occure for 30+ years (average age of cervical CA... 48). Who knows how long the vax lasts even (ie Hep B only has been proven to last 12 years, yeah my 12 year old may be running the streets as a prostituted drug user..Oh hold on...NOT!)<br><br>
I know of a few people in Ohio who would fight this IF it were on the books. Would be interested to know if this is true (thought I don't think it would pass..I hope)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts