Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some of this for our family. Its suppose to be great for digestive issues and other ailements. 2 drops has 100 MG this is from wild oregano. DH got this at the health foods store. This lady said it would be good to take and would be safe for our kids. I wanted to hear your opinions if you have any experience with this EO. I heard it tastes bad so I got me some veggie caps to put it in for me. But the kids are not big enough to swallow pills and wondering how do I get it into them. Some Material I am reading on it says it absorbs in the skin fine and some say under the toungue. I was thinking one little drop for the kids should work. Maybe your wondering why the heck I would give this to my kids anyway. Ok well let me explain. My DD has GERD since birth anyway and was born with a stomach condition where she had to have surgery. So basicly every year or so they been taking a camera down her throat to check out her procedure and make sure GERD is under control. In doing so her endosopy revealed that she had a parasite Giardia which is microscopic. Therefore got me going on about reasearch,that if you have one you more then likely have more. But my thing is we want something to rid our bodies of the parasites with as little expense as possible. Actually we all took the doctors antibiotics for it. And we are all on acidophulus right now. This woman from the health food store suggested this. It is suppose to be preventative too in helping you not get parasites in the first place. So does anyone have any information or experience in using this on children.

BTW we checked out the clense methods wow that was pricey for the kids and us all of us at once. So another reason this may work good.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I've taken oil of oregano a few times, but am not consistent enough with it to really give a valid testimony. I did take it with the last bad fever/flu I had (about 3 years ago) and it cleared up, but I was also taking other herbs as well, so I'm not sure which one did the trick or worked best. I do know that it has a very strong taste and I doubt if children will tolerate it well, even under the tongue.

My mother, however, lives on the stuff. She's never sick and, at 63, I honestly can't recall the last time she was down with a cold or the flu. She gave some to my aunt who has acute respiratory problems and my aunt says it helped considerably with mucous that had been building up in her chest (sorry, gross, I know).

As for inexpensive cleanses, you may want to check out the Master Cleanse (aka the Lemonade Diet). I've heard it's pretty good and the ingredients sound a lot cheaper than a lot of the herbal supplements on the market.

You said that you all were given antibiotics for parasites. Just a word of caution that antibiotics are known to weaken your immune system and, sometimes, weaken your defense against parasites in general. I left some links regarding parasites, especially Giardia, on your thread Re: your daughter's fingernail issue, but here are a few more that you may find helpful:

http://curezone.com/forums/?v=32&o=1&q=0

http://www.yestheyrefake.net/lemonad...se_journal.htm

http://www.therawfoodsite.com/mastercleanse.htm

http://www.silvercreeklabs.com/showNotesDetails/89.html

Here are a few general links for health topics and forums:

http://www.silvercreeklabs.com/showNotes.html

http://www.curezone.com/

And don't forget to check out the links on your fingernail thread as there are some great parasite sites listed there too.

Hope this info helps and that everything is back to normal again soon!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks I will recheck that too I been trying to get as much info as possible. I appreciate it. I went back and clicked on those links funny how we both had the same ones. I actually found two of those on my own. Yes the one with the junk one that is what we are saving up to take for a cleanse program. I appreciate those links.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From what I been reading on it its because many sources of it are not true oregano oil but more mixed with thyme oil which is toxic in some cases.

"Having penned over ten books, Dr. Cass Ingram who is considered an expert on oregano essential oil, further explains the seriousness of mislabeled oregano oil in his book The Cure is in the Cupboard. He states that although many companies list products such as wild oregano or oil of oregano in their catalogues, "the problem is that the commercially available oil is almost exclusively thyme oil or marjoram oil," neither of which possesses the same medicinal properties as true oregano essential oil. Furthermore, Ingram states that thyme oil is usually made from a non-oregano plant, such as Thymus capitus from Spain, and even though it comes from an edible herb, thyme oil may be toxic. James A. Duke, Ph.D., a leading authority on healing herbs, agrees that thyme oil can be toxic; using it can lead to serious side effects and, in some cases, even cause death."

That is from your link.

I know and the lady down at the health food store she said it would be safe and she uses it on her kid. She has a degree in herbs forgot what its called. But she has a ton of books and medical guides and such down their at her store. But ya their has been some confusion on that I wonder if its just because its a herb not sure but many say that their not safe for children and pregnate woman even the ones I took in delivery said that and I took them to ease labor they never harmed my children and I was told by the herbal doctor to take them. Sometimes it can be so confusing.

BTW ours is real authintic true wild oregano for sure.

·
Registered
204 Posts
It is so confusing. My parents use Oregano Oil, too, and when I visited, their bottle cost $10 and mine cost $60. So......yeah, they're labelled the same but then you have to look deeper as to WHY they're priced so differently.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyToBe
It is so confusing. My parents use Oregano Oil, too, and when I visited, their bottle cost $10 and mine cost $60. So......yeah, they're labelled the same but then you have to look deeper as to WHY they're priced so differently.
Which is common for so many herbs people use today. Most people believe that what they buy at GNC-type stores is authentic...NOT!

·
Registered
300 Posts
I gave my baby this on the tongue for thrush, as per my Chinese traditional doctor's instructions. She didn't love it. It smells like pasta!

And it was 35 bucks for a little bottle, so yeah, it's pricey.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.