Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it that when you use your OPK it will show the control line(if its working) and then for me there is sometimes another line that is lighter. I know this means its a negative but why would it not just stay blank if it was a negative. And one day they will be darker than the next. Does this mean I could have Oed a few days before and there is still some surge left in me?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
technically, yes, you could have missed it, but that's probably not it. there is always a line because we always have lh roaming around our bodies. sometimes there is more, sometimes there is less, it's sort of random. when you have your lh surge, there's no mistaking a + opk. it's positive! that said, it is possible to miss it, if yours is quick and if you arent careful. watch your other signs like cm and cp, and when you expect to o if you know. then when you get close to that time, and things are starting to look fertile, check the opks more often. 2 or 3 times a day. the internet cheapies are great for that. most likely, your surge will last 24 hours or more, so you probably will have at least a couple +'s, but you will want to keep on top of it just in case.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey the lines could just be a varying degree of LH in your urine. Sometimes it gets darker as the days toward O get closer but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks ladies! I will keep testing maybe get some good news soon!! I do have a bunch of internet cheapies. I got 25 of them and they were like .75 each or something. Thanks again for explaining it to me.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
and you know, right, that you o AFTER the + opk? between 12-48 hours- for me it's pretty much 36 hours or so after the first + opk.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes thanks Karmab. I was just wondering why there were almost always two lines. I think I started testing after I had already O'ed so I figured maybe I was seeing the faint lines because i just missed it. Like today its a straight forward negative but 3 days ago there were two lines, of course the test line was lighter than the control line so I know it was negative.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
and that could be, but the lh does tend to come and go and come and go, and just when you think it's never going to show a surge, there it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts