Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know I said I was going to do simple, and while my simple bag is fine we're getting extra money with our tax refund and I want to spoil myself a bit. Thanks Charmie for having me drool over JuJuBes but it's a bit too much for me. So ladies help me decide!

This one or this one? Maybe in different colors but those specific designed bags.

· Registered
3,224 Posts
I'm torn. I like the look of the first one better, because it doesn't scream "diaper bag." But, I agree with SarahMommy that the second one looks easier to carry!

· Registered
4,890 Posts
ooh snap! What a tricky decision! I LOVE the first! BUT... there's a balance between fashion and function.. and the second one looks more functional (while still being cute) and the first one looks fashionable, but maybe tricky to maneuver (aka, not as easy to carry, especially with other kids around)...

· Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm leaning toward the second, and I found the same diaper bag different pattern on amazon for $49.99 with free shipping. Much better price!

· Registered
3,550 Posts
I have a client with the boy version of the second diaper bag and it works really well for her, so I'd probably go with it, given the two.

I ended up buying this bag on clearance at Borders for $5. I plan to buy a diaper clutch for each child in diapers and keeping their individual things in the diaper clutch so I can leave them in separate nurseries at church and still have my own things with me (although right now since my 17m old STILL isn't walking, he's still in the "baby nursery" so it may not matter that much!
).

· Registered
634 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Right of Passage View Post
So I know I said I was going to do simple, and while my simple bag is fine we're getting extra money with our tax refund and I want to spoil myself a bit. Thanks Charmie for having me drool over JuJuBes but it's a bit too much for me. So ladies help me decide!
Oh gosh, they're both really cute! You're making it much harder to tell myself that the one I bought from the thrift store the other day (a brown Wendy Bellissimo bag) for $2 is good enough!

· Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had a Wendy Bellissimo bag for my first it was lovely, pink camo. They came out with blue camo about 3 months after I bought it I was so miffed!
Whatever you do don't go look at JuJuBes it's painful! :p

· Registered
606 Posts
I have a cute canvas tote similar to Charmie's that I got at Wal-Mart for $5 or $10. It has held up remarkably well and has enough room for my two little ones' things. It looks like it'll be able to hold this baby's things as well.

So, that said, I like the first better, but I'd go for something cheap. Even if my Wal-Mart bag falls apart I could replace it 6-8 times before spending the $$ I'd spend on one of those bags.

· Registered
1,965 Posts
Wow! These are hard decisions! I really like the first one -- in black OR champagne. I like diaper bags to be fashionable. I am not getting a new one, but reverting to the one from my first child. I was super-practical with #2 and used an Ergo backpack (BORING!). With this baby, I am looking so bad hair wise, etc that I desperately *need* a touch of fabulous!

Also, with the first bag, the skip hop, I like that type of access better. I personally think it would be easier to use (provides a wider top opening). Let us know what you decide -- these issues are critical!!

· Registered
783 Posts
I think I like the first one... but I tend to shy away from colours and patterns, and am pretty simplistic. So, maybe the wrong person to ask.

DH just bought me this one (after me asking for it, um, every day for a month. ahem.), which I am in love with. (Obviously... or why would I have asked for it?...) Anyways. It's also machine-washable.

· Registered
7,286 Posts
I've been carrying an eddie bauer semi-messanger bag... that is, the top zips, but there's a flap over the front but the flap doesn't go over the top. i love it, but now I'm remembering that it *might* not be really enough for when i have a newborn - burp cloths + change of clothes + cloth diapers for the baby, plus a diaper change for my 2 year old... hmmmmm... guess I should start thinking about that...

· Registered
639 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by VegMomma View Post
DH just bought me this one (after me asking for it, um, every day for a month. ahem.), which I am in love with. (Obviously... or why would I have asked for it?...) Anyways. It's also machine-washable.

I think I am going to get this one, looks like we have similar taste

· Registered
2,089 Posts
I think we should definitely spoil ourselves as mamas - we deserve it!!!

I bought myself this Skip Hop Duo Deluxe in Cherry Bloom and I ADORE it!!! So far I just have my & my daughter's stuff (almost 4 & potty regressed aka in full blown diapers! Poop and pee!) but there's plenty of room for newborn when she comes.

The Studio you picked out looks amazing - I might invest in one for when I'm "uptown" with the girls.

· Registered
9,274 Posts
I like the second one better. It seems much easier to carry which is really important for me.

We're using the same one I bought for my first child 5 years ago. It's an Eddie Bauer (I think) green backpack style. Works great and has a good amount of space so you can keep lots of stuff in it if need be (and I need it to!)

It's basically lived in the car since my son was about 18 months old, so I really should go get it and fill it in with stuff for the baby soon. Right now all it has in it is the diaper pad, some wipes, a roll of toilet paper (handy when out in the middle of nowhere!) and I think some sort of diaper cream we haven't used in forever.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.