Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I felt the baby kick! Not just a wiggle or squirm, but a full on kick . kickkick . . kick . kick session! It lasted for about ten minutes. I could imagine it's tiny little foot or hand just tapping away! With my hand over the area externally, I could feel a tiny little bump from the outside while I was feeling it from the inside---so I think it won't be long til dp and dd can feel it, too!!
I am 17 wks today.

I am just feeling so much relief and happiness from those ten minutes right before bed last night. Looking forward to many more kick sessions coming up in the near future!

·
Registered
261 Posts
It's such a wonderful feeling isn't it!

I had a great few minutes last night at bed time, the little guy did a somersault and then proceeded to try out his soccer skills on my left side.

( I didn't think I'd feel somersaults so soon, but this am my belly was definitely a different shape so I'm pretty sure that is in fact what I felt)

So so good to feel him moving around!

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Oh fun! I'm 17 weeks today too! I felt the baby three days in a row, but not a "session" or anything...but it's been a couple days ago. I can't wait! It's possibly THE best feeling in the world!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Me too, and DH felt it also...serious kicking and knowing my babies it was his or her super BIG feet doing the kicking!

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
So fun! I can't wait to feel the baby all day long. Right now it's just occasional, but last night during an artist lecture I felt the baby in a strange area at the top of my uterus and secretly put my hand there and felt a kick on the outside! It was so cool!

Feeling the baby is one of my favorite parts of pregnancy, if not THE favorite!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.