Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is an ebay store that sells fitted dipes at an awesome price...http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=36698306
I asked if anyone here had tried these and no one responded so I am hesitant to purchase them, but they are cute and soooo affordable. I emailed the momma and she said that she even makes newborn fitteds for $2.50 each or $25 for a dozen! Baby isn't due for a few more weeks, but I would like to finish my NB stash. Any advice? Maybe I will try 1 and see...I just don't know! Ahhh! All these choices! Help
Thanks bunches!!!

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I don't really care for flannel diapers but that is a great price. Especially since newborns are changed so much and out grow them fast.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I have heard things about flannel diapers that people don't find them absorbant, they don't like them for whatever reason. BUT when I first started sewing diapers, I only had flannel, I was waiting on some 'other' materials, but they are a lot more costly usually, and so I made up some flannel diapers, and frankly I found them to be GREAT! they are absorbant, they hold up well and well I have never had any problems with them at all!
so anyway just FYI, I would do it, that is a GREAT price, and for a new born just what you need! ~

·
Registered
173 Posts
The soaker is made from 2 layers of flannel and 2 layers of terry. That's not going to soak up a lot...but if you are just going for the newborn size, it sounds like a good price!

For a doubler, you could fold a washcloth in thirds and lay it in, the terry might help hang on to breastfed poop too..?

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Well for a newborn I think the price is great.. You will change often and they grow so fast....... I would get some and maybe add a doubler........

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I personally feel flannel is an underappreciated and understood fabric. I too say "go for it" at those prices. New borns don't need a lot of absorbancy, and imo 2body cotton knit, 2flannel/2 terry is plenty for a constantly changed newborn. A diaper isn't meant to "hold the hoover dam" but to keep the piddle and poo from hitting/gooing all over you.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks ladies! I knew I could count on you! I think I will go ahead and order a dozen, and I will post a review of these dipes when the baby comes! Thanks again!
Shandelle

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
NO DONT ORDER THEM!

I ordered some from her and I ended up throwing them away. The fabric was really wierd (she used flannel for two of them and some other unknown fabric?? for the other two which went against the description) and the velcro seriously hurt my son (broke the skin!!!).

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I agree that flannel is underappreciated. My first stash was all flannel FRESHIES!(tm) with terry soakers. They lasted for over 18 mos until my dd outgrew them, and she never outgrew the absorabancy(with a doubler anyway) My mom made her 8 more flannel dipes in a larger size and I use them for night time
She wakes up with just the crothch wet, not even the back or wings are wet. I love them b/c they're soft and were inexpensive to make

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
Order one and try it out for a few weeks before you decide. When I first started cd-ing I made the mistake of ordering 3 or 4 of the same diaper to try them out. Now I'm stuck with a lot of diapers I don't like. I wish I had only purchased 1 of each diaper. You can always buy more diapers later if you decide that you like them.

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
make a similar diaper with three body layers of flannel and two layers of flannel/2 layers of terry sewn into the middle or 6 layers of flannel. They are absorbant enough for my 9 month flood gates baby to go without a cover most of the time. also have a lay in soaker with 6 layers of flannel should I feel I need it.

I think the velcro looks awful though. Doesn't look like it is very adjustable despite the fact that there is so much of it. I agree, order one and see how it is. Do you have any friends who would test drive it for you?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.