Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i got my diapers today..was so excited..washed them 3 times and started ds he loves them and so do i...just one problem they are so bulky it looks like he has a really full diaper...is this normal or am i doing something wrong...dh says well we can use sposies in public cause it dosent look right...cant sink anymore money in this so please give me advice...we have the bummis kit...

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I did not start using cd until ds1 was 19 months. I had to get used to the difference in how bulky they were compared to how trim a sposie was. It didn't take me long, and I have never looked back. I think you will get used to it.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Unfortunately that just comes with cloth diapers, especially prefolds. You may want to get some pull-on covers like Dappi for a little bit of a trimmer fit otherwise you can size up on his clothes.

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
You will get used to it. I think it's kind of silly that your dh wants to use sposies because it looks funny...maybe try goign up a size in the bottoms?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i love them so i think we will be just fine...dh's problem is everyone thinks its weird that we cd and all the other things we do and i told him who cares...where we live it is few and far between to find a SAHM and noone bf people stare at me like i am a freak...all you see here is people with their babies in a stroller/carseat with a bottle propped up and all that...when i go somewhere with my moby you would think i was a circus freak but i dont care its what i like and dh does too he just gets a little self conscios sometimes but then he looks at those people that are saying these things and how they are raising their kids and then he smiles at me!

so we will keep him in cd cause i love it...wish i would have done it with other 2 boys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.