Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie to wool, just knitted up DD two pairs of soakers. However, I went a little over-board lanolizing them.

They were lanolized inside out, so it is particularly heavy on the inside, which is great for repelling the liquid, but will it do anything to my CPFs?

Will the extra lanolin do anything to clothing put over them?

Is there anything to do to "un" lanolize, or will the wool just slowly absorb the extra?

TIA

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I don't think it will hurt your diapers. If you want to help get it un-sticky a little faster you could just wash them again is baby shampoo. I'd let them soak for 15 or 20 min in lukewarm water with the shampoo. That should help a little.

HTH!

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
I over lanolize on purpose. I like my wool to be "tacky" right after I lanolize it. I love the feel of the lanolin on my hands, babe's skin, etc. I think it only helps the wool to function as a cover longer -- more time between lanolizing, which is fine by me, as I have a ton of wool and it takes me forever and a day to wash, lanolize and dry it all.

The lanolin will wash right out of your diapers and babe's clothing. It shouldn't have any lasting effect on them at all. Like I said, I over lanolize on purpose and have never had any problems with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.