Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I have GD. I've yet to meet with the nutritionist but since I had it last time and have done Atkins, I'm pretty carb savvy. It's too bad that my body is in sugar withdrawal right now but that will pass in a day or so (I hope!).

·
Registered
952 Posts
I had GD with the past 2 babies and then transitioned into Type II diabetes after last babe
. I never had success with the diet and ended up on insulin. This time however I am very well controlled wth oral meds
. We are expecting little to possibly no insulin at all this time around...though we shall see. Good luck and if you need anything please PM me....I know it can be a pain in the butt more then anything else.
ALicia

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by alicia9178
I had GD with the past 2 babies and then transitioned into Type II diabetes after last babe
. I never had success with the diet and ended up on insulin. This time however I am very well controlled wth oral meds
. We are expecting little to possibly no insulin at all this time around...though we shall see. Good luck and if you need anything please PM me....I know it can be a pain in the butt more then anything else.
ALicia

What oral meds are you taking???

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
How is it going for you guys??? My 3 hour test just came back pos too. I have to meet with a diatition and a have another appy to learn about testing sugar...one on Mon one next Thurs. I am just so bummed. I have only gained 14 # so farat 30 weeks. They also say I have anemia...
My 3 hour test was 100 fasting, 219 after 1 hour and 192 after 2 hours.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Ugg. Sorry about those of you with GD. I have to go back for my 3 hour test next week. Tuesday I believe. I have already tried it once. I ended up throwing it all up about 40 minutes into the test! BUGGER! I probably would have been fine had they not done a pelvic exam complete with speculum (which I hate and get all wound up) I got so wound up I ended up throwing up.
: So now I have to go back and do it again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.