Mothering Forum banner

Ok, so now I'm pretty sure I'm feeling some little moves in there...

400 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  mamamoo 
#1 ·
But of course I have a question for my oh so wise mama's.

I am feeling movement pretty high up, near my belly button and a little above. I'm just not feeling any movement at the bottom of my belly. I have alot of numbness on the outside from my csection that I had, but I'm not sure what kind of numbness I have on the inside(obviously). It is also not all the time, just a little thump or stretch every now and then.
Do you think where I'm feeling movement at is related to the numbness? Could the baby have just attached high? When I went to the doctor last month he couldn't find the heartbeat low but was able to find it higher than he should have (according to the doctor).
So, could you give me some thoughts please! Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
I don't know how you tell the difference between movement from the hands vs. the feet. I have been feeling it all over the place. I swear this kid is doing laps in there! But most of it is down lower.

I don't have an idea why yours would be above the belly button. Maybe the placenta is attached in the front down low?

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lyttlewon View Post
It is possible the baby hasn't turned. Most of the feeling I am getting is below my belly button and it is from the hands. We had a U/S on the 13th and she was facing down already. I haven't felt any feet yet just the hands.
SHE?

I have been feeling it up higher too. You know your uterus could be a little bigger or something because of previous kiddos, but I don't see why the baby would only be lower, kwim? I feel it mostly higher, and every now and then a bit lower...

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mommysusie View Post
But of course I have a question for my oh so wise mama's.

I am feeling movement pretty high up, near my belly button and a little above. I'm just not feeling any movement at the bottom of my belly. I have alot of numbness on the outside from my csection that I had, but I'm not sure what kind of numbness I have on the inside(obviously). It is also not all the time, just a little thump or stretch every now and then.
Do you think where I'm feeling movement at is related to the numbness? Could the baby have just attached high? When I went to the doctor last month he couldn't find the heartbeat low but was able to find it higher than he should have (according to the doctor).
So, could you give me some thoughts please! Thanks!

Another poster asked something similar about 2-3 weeks ago. I asked her if it was possible that it was where the esophagus meets the stomach. Progesterone in pregnancy is supposed to weaken the valve at that point. I have felt some bubbling sensation there. I knew my uterus was much lower (the MW showed me recently how high it came up...4 finger widths below my navel when I was at 19 weeks). The other poster said she thought that my theory was likely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.