Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had mild pelvic pain(more of uncomfortable) for a couple months. It's been only when I climb the stairs, or stand on one leg(ie getting pants on)...

WELL... since sometime during the night, I HURT(not ache) when I go from sitting to standing, when I roll over, when i shift during the night, when I do anything. Even sitting hurts. There seems alot of pressure downwards.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
614 Posts
That happened to me with my Ds, but it is because (I think) of the positioning of my hips. I was born with hips that turn in and I can actually walk with my feet in a horizontal line with each other( I can walk normally just fine though too). The pregnancy pushed my hips out far enough that the right one had a lot of problems toward the end of my pregnancy and then especially after the birth. It was VERY painful and made me limp and I had to be careful how I slept on it etc during the pregnancy and then after it would pop out of its socket. I would definately suggest having someone look at it cause mine created a situation where I was in the docs office for a referral and then to the chiropractor with a 1 mo old baby, when all I wanted to do was be at home. This may not be the same thing cause you said pelvic pain, but the chiropractor helped me a LOT and maybe could help you too, or maybe massage or acupuncture, these are all things that are being suggested to me now to help try and prevent this from happening with my second.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It isn't in the hips. I have a friend. It is right at the pubic bone, and also feels like within the vagina. I had some of this with my 3rd baby. The dr said the discomfort wasn't unusual. But now it has intensified. Perhaps the baby is down now. It wasn't before.

I'm timing contractions now..lol... but they are widely spaced. I'm just tracking to see. If they start to get closer than maybe that's all it is is the start of labor for me this time.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
I think its seperation of the pubic bone. I had it with my 3rd baby. The pain was excruciating. I could barely turn over in bed, that had me on the verge of tears.
I could barely walk, if I moved my legs too far, it was horrible.,
It all started when I pushed a box with my foot, then got worse from there.

·
Premium Member
11,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Boobiemama
I think its seperation of the pubic bone. I had it with my 3rd baby. The pain was excruciating. I could barely turn over in bed, that had me on the verge of tears.
I could barely walk, if I moved my legs too far, it was horrible.,
It all started when I pushed a box with my foot, then got worse from there.

Ohhhh...Thanks for reminding me! Ack. I'm not looking forward to it, either.....

·
Premium Member
6,371 Posts
I am having the same exact problems you describe. It's been constant for a little of a week now but before that it was only when I walked to much or did to much housework at once. after sitting in the car for an hour I wanna die!
My dr says it must just be the way the babe is positioned.
Doesn't make me feel any better!
I'm 33 weeks now.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Chiropractic adjustment can make a huge difference in that sort of pain! After seeing my chiropractor more aggressively, I have absolutely no more pelvic pain at all, and I'm somewhere like 35 weeks pregnant now, and was in very severe pain just a month ago.
An adjustment to the lowest vertebra (I think it's called the sacral joint?) can realign your pelvis and really really help with the pain and baby's position.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I had this sort of pain, went in for a prenatal visit, and my midwife's assistant said, whilst checking me, "oh look, his hand is right up there by his head...let's unstick him!" she proceeded to gently shift his hand to a better position and presto...the pain was gone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.