Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to find mommies here in Tallahassee, but what I've come to notice is that this is a very cliquey town... I am on the shy side, so when I went to the breastfeeding support groups, I didn't feel like I could just jump into other people's conversations. I went to Kindermusik and all the other moms already knew each other (they were nice, but I didn't feel overly welcome). I really have no idea where to go to meet some mommies with children/babies around the same age as my DS. Of the few I know, none are still breastfeeding. I am not "crunchy" so to say, but I enjoy many aspects of NFL. I am not a SAHM, either (oh I wish I were!), but I only work part time and my mom watches the little guy. So where are all the nice, non-cliquey mommies?

· Registered
5,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, thank you , thank you!!

I go to new leaf occasionally - stuck up a conversation with a mom who had a babe just a month or two younger than my DS, but no contact information was exchanged.

On my way to check out wemoon - been wondering if there were Mommy and Me events in town.

One person told me about Best Beginnings and I keep meaning to call and get information. I work part time, so it is a little hard to work a social life about work schedule and babe schedule... I wanted to go to LLL meetings, but they are never at a time when I can get away...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.