Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>My husband knocked over an entire huge glass bottle of olive oil onto our wood floored kitchen.  I've been trying to clean it all morning and it is still slippery/greasy and the dogs are tracking oil through the house and icckkkk it is such a mess.  Husband had to go to work so of course I'm left to clean it up. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any ideas? I've tried wiping it with dry paper towels/wash clothes/ regular towels and then using water and repeating and its not working. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Help anyone? I don't want my son to slip and fall :( </p>

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
<p><span style="font-size:9px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">If you use paper towels to clean up as much</span></span></span> as possible, this is what I would do to clean up the oily residue. Do you have any liquid dish soap. like Dawn? Dawn is great for cutting through grease and oil. I use it all the time and it works wonders. Of course, you should do a spot test on the floor to make sure the soap doesn't harm the finish.</p>
<p>After washing with the Dawn, do a plain water rinse, then towel dry. It should do the trick!</p>

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<p>Ok thanks! I'll look into it.  We rent this apartment so I am terrified of having to replace the wood floors if we ruin them.  I don't have dawn dish soap specifically. My husband bought the target up and up brand...</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts