Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went to my son's six month WIC appointment, and when they weighed me, I realized that I am only three pounds away from my top preggo weight.
:

Does anyone have any ideas on how to eat on the run with two babies in the house and no partner to help out? I am a mama to one six month old DS and I take care of another baby during the day M-F for about 8.5 hours a day in order to stay home with him. I am a single mama, so I basically eat whatever I can grab.

More often than not lately, I have been going through the drive through at McDonalds to grab a burger and a diet coke. I know that is what is completely sabotaging my weight loss efforts, but I really, honestly have no idea what to stock in the house to keep it healthy and super quick.

I walk about 1-2 hours a day with the boys, so exercise is happening. It is just the food piece that I am stuck on.
:
:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
mama sounds like you've got a lot on your plate!

Maybe one thing that would help would be to prep as much as possible ahead of time (like on the weekend maybe while your LO is napping?). You could get all the fruit and veggies you like and wash, pre-cut them into sticks, bag them in individual serving sizes, and then maybe some hummus to dip the veggies in. Also, things like string cheese, individual yogurts, individual servings of almonds - all of those are healthy and are pre-measured for portion control...

Do you have a few meals you like that are really healthy? Like grilled chicken, fish, veggie lasagna? You could make ahead meals on the weekend, like broil a bunch of chicken w/ lots of seasoning, and then reheat as needed during the week.

Also, try to cut out all the soda - even diet - even though it doesn't have calories, it can affect your perceptions of caloric intake and you can overcompensate later (subconsciously) - and just drink lots of water.

Also, maybe try to incorporate some strength building exercise in addition to walking - free weights, squatting and toe raises (can be done holding babe), pushups, crunches, etc...

good luck

·
Premium Member
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tips. My childcare babe was picked up about an hour early today, which is a treat for me, so I took DS to the grocery store, and filled my cart with tons of fruits, veggies, yogurt, beans, and a couple of "healthy" treats (frozen raspberries and strawberries). I had big plans to cut them all up and bag them in portion controlled packs, but I then had a neighborhood meeting that I forgot about.

I did manage to eat a really healthy dinner of a turkey sandwich on whole grain bread with a ton of spinach tucked into it. I had a bowl of broccoli, green beans and some corn on the side and a dollop of low fat cottage cheese. It felt so good to have a healthy dinner for once this month.

I am going to make sure I get everything washed/cut/baggied up tomorrow after my CC babe goes home so I am ready for the weekend. (have to work all weekend this week too...
)

Oh, and I didn't buy any diet soda either.

Thanks so much for the encouragement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.