Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went to my son's six month WIC appointment, and when they weighed me, I realized that I am only three pounds away from my top preggo weight.
:

Does anyone have any ideas on how to eat on the run with two babies in the house and no partner to help out? I am a mama to one six month old DS and I take care of another baby during the day M-F for about 8.5 hours a day in order to stay home with him. I am a single mama, so I basically eat whatever I can grab.

More often than not lately, I have been going through the drive through at McDonalds to grab a burger and a diet coke. I know that is what is completely sabotaging my weight loss efforts, but I really, honestly have no idea what to stock in the house to keep it healthy and super quick.

I walk about 1-2 hours a day with the boys, so exercise is happening. It is just the food piece that I am stuck on.
:
:

·
Premium Member
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tips. My childcare babe was picked up about an hour early today, which is a treat for me, so I took DS to the grocery store, and filled my cart with tons of fruits, veggies, yogurt, beans, and a couple of "healthy" treats (frozen raspberries and strawberries). I had big plans to cut them all up and bag them in portion controlled packs, but I then had a neighborhood meeting that I forgot about.

I did manage to eat a really healthy dinner of a turkey sandwich on whole grain bread with a ton of spinach tucked into it. I had a bowl of broccoli, green beans and some corn on the side and a dollop of low fat cottage cheese. It felt so good to have a healthy dinner for once this month.

I am going to make sure I get everything washed/cut/baggied up tomorrow after my CC babe goes home so I am ready for the weekend. (have to work all weekend this week too...
)

Oh, and I didn't buy any diet soda either.

Thanks so much for the encouragement.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.