Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to make a batch of three-minute egg yolks but I goofed and got a tiny bit of egg white in there. Should I just eat this myself? How do you all make sure you get all the egg white off the yolk when the yolk itself is so soft?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyshoppinghabit
I tried to make a batch of three-minute egg yolks but I goofed and got a tiny bit of egg white in there. Should I just eat this myself? How do you all make sure you get all the egg white off the yolk when the yolk itself is so soft?
I think your baby is about the same as mine are -- I don't sweat tiny traces of egg white. I watched them for any allergy signs and they were fine. I don't do the three-minute boil thing anymore. I usually just very lightly scramble one egg yolk with a lot of butter(which is already pasteurized anyway) and then while it is still pretty hot I add it to a bowl of two cold raw egg yolks(I have two to feed and they usually eat 3-4 yolks at one time)...they don't like straight cold raw yolk, so this is a good compromise IMO.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.