Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, suprise, suprise, BM called... It's only been about three months since she last called! She called 2 weeks ago and was talking about perhaps seeing Mckynzie over Christmas break. We live in Portland, OR and BM is in Sacramento, CA. So, there was talk about sending her down the week before xmas. Then BM didn't call back with any more info so we just figured it wasn't happening and DSD is getting really bummed out that BM isn't calling. So DSD called her a few days ago, and they started trying to make plans for the week after xmas. BM asks to speak with DH, and then has the nerve to say that she was really dissappointed that we didn't buy Mckynzie a plane ticket to fly down to see her the week before like previously discussed. What?!?! She wants us to buy the ticket???? I'm sorry, but I feel that she hasn't even been making an effort to talk to her daughter until now that the holidays are here. We are the one's raising her now, paying for everything. She doesn't even pay child support, and she's expecting us to buy her a plane ticket to send her down to CA for a week???? I'm sorry, but I just spent $200 on xmas presents for her, I don't have an extra $200 for a plane ticket. Do you ladies think I'm wrong for feeling like it is her responsibility to make the arrangements when she wants to see her daughter? That's what DH and I always did when Mckynzie was living with her last year. I'm just so pissed. And now Mckynzie is mad at ME for not wanting to buy her a ticket down there. UGH!!! Sorry just needed to vent!

Jenn

·
Registered
856 Posts
I'm sorry you are dealing with that! But I am in complete agreement with you. If the BM wants the visit, she needs to buy the ticket herself. Or you guys pay an equal amount for it.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.